RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC 1/8th Scale Buggies (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-1-8th-scale-buggies-244/)
-   -   what brand produces best quality. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-1-8th-scale-buggies-244/8842930-what-brand-produces-best-quality.html)

Snaut Rocket 06-10-2009 11:13 PM

what brand produces best quality.

well after many hours of reading ive come down to these 3
mugen being the only car not being made in china. (dont know were xray is made.)
odonnel i know has really good parts imported from the u.s
and xray has a renown rep for being dam good quality,

So from those who own them i would like to hear your experience with the quality of them,
or if you own more than one of them which one is better qaulity wise.
I dont care about performance wise but just quality.

Thank you for any info.

Osirisf16 06-11-2009 04:23 AM

RE: what brand produces best quality.

I don't know about Odonnel, but as for mugen and xray, i only hear good things about them. One extra brand that you forgot is without a doubt kyosho since i have 2 cars and they are really reliable. I know that the prices are off the limits but just say that the kyosho quality is off the charts. Good luck with that ;)

Snaut Rocket 06-11-2009 09:55 AM

Hrnn i never even thought of kyosho.

these ones are the ones im thinking of getting thats why,

DrDremel 06-11-2009 10:07 AM

I have the O'Donnell truggy and buggy here in my house. I believe quality wise, they are just as good, if not better than both the mugen and x-ray brands. The plastics are definatly the best, bar-none.

shaneoc 06-12-2009 07:00 PM

Xrays are made in slovakia in europe.. the build quility is second to none!!!  i believe that xray are stronger and lighter than losi or any others out there!! The 808 jumps like a kangeroo:D</p>

IL2mSturmovik 06-12-2009 10:16 PM

SH Engines Z-Car Technology I would rank with X-Ray, Kyosho  and Mugen

jikkuria 06-12-2009 10:59 PM

lol, all out of my price range...:(

*saint* 06-12-2009 11:52 PM

What is wrong with Losi????

I was always told... try to pick one in which your local shop has lots of parts for just in case you break something.

Just a thought.

Hijikata 06-13-2009 04:22 AM

Saint is completely true, not having parts at your LHS will put you down for a few days unless you want to pay for ridiculous overnight fees. Losi is usually found in most LHS as well as Traxxas and HPI. The rest of the brands are hit or miss Team associated seems to be in a lot of LHS around Baton Rouge but not in my hometown in FL.

Now as far as those 3 I said the Xray. I have heard that no car, truck, buggy, truggy or what have you goes together like an Xray. The parts fit together like they are precision cut. Im not 100% sure on the weight of the Xray but i do know that the Mugen has a rediculous amount of CF on it and is super light.

Odonells to me seems to be new on the market, everything i have heard about that buggy seems to be good, but i havnt heard alot.

Nik. 06-15-2009 02:30 PM

propoganda

6th 06-15-2009 05:18 PM

ORIGINAL: DrDremel

I have the O'Donnell truggy and buggy here in my house. I believe quality wise, they are just as good, if not better than both the mugen and x-ray brands. The plastics are definatly the best, bar-none.
I'm assuming you own all 3 ?
<br type="_moz" />

3de 06-15-2009 09:29 PM

I cant speak for either the Mugen or the Odonnel, but I have owned the XRAY XB8 and current ride my 808. I have nothing but good things to say about XRAY. Only downside is parts are spendy, but I have rarely had to buy anything. Very well built Buggys and very durable and light.
I guess this no help, but just thought I would share my XRAY experience.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...n/rolleyes.gif

InfiniteMotors 06-16-2009 01:13 AM

ORIGINAL: Nik.

propoganda
+1, I'm with you. Losi's are not built as nicely as they Mugen, drive twitchy, and are very, very popular. My local hobby shop/track stocks plenty of Mugen and other parts. I don't think it benefits anyone for one buggy to be way more popular than it's competitors.

drdsanders 06-30-2009 08:07 PM

+1 for the sh engines zmxb-8 (z-car). Their quality is great. 2nd choice would be the x-ray.