RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC 1/8th Scale Buggies (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-1-8th-scale-buggies-244/)
-   -   RC8brs (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-1-8th-scale-buggies-244/9198095-rc8brs.html)

otistheworm 10-24-2009 08:27 AM

RC8brs

I have a chance to get the new associated buggy for my birthday, i really dont know much about it, is it a good buggy for racing and bashing? And please dont say go losi 8ight cause of the remote and other stuff cause idc it matters about performance and handling. Thanks

paul_TAB4 10-24-2009 09:03 AM

RE: RC8brs

I have only been into nitro for just less than a year, so I'm still pretty new to it. however I have the original RC8RS, and I love it. haven't raced it yet. but I am planing on it. you will want to change up you radio gear, if you plan to race. the spectrum DX3S seems to be a good upgrade.
if it still comes with the pro.28 mill, you will enjoy it. that is for sure!:D my buggy has seen it's fair share of curbs and even been shiny side down a bunch. I have had it for 9 months and run one gallon threw it and haven't broken any thing!:):D

hope this helps.

otistheworm 10-24-2009 09:24 AM

So you have the one with xp3 radio? And thanks alot for the info

Biscuit451 10-24-2009 09:33 AM

I'm looking at getting one to.  How well does the starter work?

Chris_RC 10-24-2009 10:28 AM

ORIGINAL: Biscuit451

I'm looking at getting one to. How well does the starter work?
Roto start sucks, you will need to immediatly upgrade to starter box.
Radio isn't that good, you will need to upgrade to DX3S or DX3R.
Engine is not race legal, you will need to get a .21.

All that stuff the 8ight 2.0 RTR includes, that is why people are reccomending it as it will save you money in the end.

paul_TAB4 10-24-2009 12:49 PM

yeah. the xp3 radio is good for bashing but the spectrum radio's are more convenient......and a lot nicer to hold as well. they come in different grip sizes. 3 I think. the starter is ok. it's better than pull start. but a box is definitely the way to go. (not a must though)
the .28 mill won't get you turned away from the track either. I know two separate individuals that run them on the track around the corner from me. because it's an RTR, they don't care much.:D

DrDremel 10-25-2009 11:50 AM

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC

All that stuff the 8ight 2.0 RTR includes, that is why people are reccomending it as it will save you money in the end.
But the losi loses ya money in the durability range....plastics wear out very quickly, and the car develops a crap-ton of slop very quickly......still, they are quick cars....

Chris_RC 10-25-2009 09:13 PM

ORIGINAL: DrDremel

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC

But the losi loses ya money in the durability range....plastics wear out very quickly, and the car develops a crap-ton of slop very quickly......still, they are quick cars....
They run better with slop........

MCSRacing 10-25-2009 09:32 PM

I'm a hardcore associated guy .. but the best deal for ya is to get the 8ight 2.0, unless you are going to go all out and get a factory team version and just buy a good motor.

hustler777 10-27-2009 09:26 PM

the way it comes outta the box is fantastic for light bashing or light track duty....but before you race you'll wanna upgrade atleast the steering servo and rx pack....and once the roto start craps out...a starter box...

don't be to quick to diss losi on their rtr (no i'm not a lousy fan AT ALL) but they've got an awesome rtr deal....

don't forget, if you think that the radio and equipment isn't part of the handling and performance of your buggy of choice, take out the servos, reciever, and set your radio in it's box and run your buggy...it all plays a VERY important role...without all that stuff, we'd all just have noisy toys we have no control over....

Snipin_Willy 10-27-2009 10:22 PM

I'd put my radio and electronics ahead of my top motor choice if I had to choose. Strong fast servos along with a good radio in your hands plays a major roll in how comfortable I am with my rigs.
I switched from Nitro to brushless a long while ago, but if I was going to get a nitro buggy again I'd choose to Losi RTR over the AE RTR. There is more value in the starting package.