Notices
RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

Nodd's Airboat

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 06:44 PM
*delete M i k e u p delete*

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nodd's Airboat

Thanks for the info. I'm lost as i run pistol tx . Also all my boat escs don't have reverse. Now one thing i learned is for me tokeep my setupsbasic.BTW thanks again for your video and explaining how your system worked. Have a good day! I will say a gyro in a airboat is aasset.Reverse on pistol tx isn't possible from what i gather. I forgot about gyro; you or someone said, the gyro straightens out the boat going in a ill-gotten direction by going in reverse direction. Now that could cause the boat to flip at wot in a turn if boat isn't balanced quite right and especially an airboat when gliding. My 2 cents. Thanks for replying.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:39 AM
Nodd

I don't own a pistol-grip transmitter so maybe someone else here will comment. But from what I understand, they're made to be used with a reversing ESC. As in you pull the trigger to go forward, push it the other way to revers. Obviously you need to get an ESC that has the reverse feature. Search online, there's plenty available.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:17 AM
Got RPM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Reverse on a pistol grip radio is certainly possible, even practical. Because the throttle trigger stops in mid range (defining no throttle input) the rest of the forward movement of the trigger can be used for reverse. Many boat ESCs have a reverse function, although the cheaper ones do not. I find it very useful, expecially when stuck on a racing buoy or when you drift into a grassy bank. Most of my ESCs are Castle marine controllers, which allow you to program the maximum amount of reverse throttle - a great fuction. You DO NOT want to have full power capability in reverse!

Old 02-11-2013, 07:45 PM
Slope Pilot

Yeah, even for me pistol grips are easy.