Notices
RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

Aeroflyte Platypus

Old 02-28-2015, 07:53 PM
Crazy_Genius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Aeroflyte Platypus

Hi.
I'm looking for an Aeroflyte Platypus fan boat had one as a teenager and used it until it fell apart .
Know Aeroflyte went out of business many years ago after a NIB know this kit is hens teeth rare but so are most Aeroflyte kits .
If anybody has plans for the Platypus that would be great.

I have been buying every Aeroflyte NIB kit I can find as bargaining power Have as follows NIB :

1*Boat Stingray NIB.
2*Boat Challenger NIB
3*Boat Hornet NIB
4*Aeroplane Line Control Eagle + Motor NIB

All Aeroflyte kits.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Old 03-11-2015, 01:51 AM
bushwacked

Hi C_G

Aeroflyte.... aah the memorys

I wouldnt have thought there were any orginal Nib kits left out there, so lm impressed that you have been able to find 4 of em.

I have just finished rebuilding my Platypus for the third or fourth time so l can say l do have a set of orginal plans here for it. I also still have the orginal cutout for the engine mount uprights, l also replaced the transom on mine while l was rebuilding so l have the original here as a template. So if you would like a copy of the plans and the dimensions for various bits sing out and l will see what l can do. Not a Nib kit l know but it might be a start.

Converted mine to electric this time around and thats made it a lot more stable than it ever used to be(I never could get the damn thing to run right back in the day), although lm still fine tuning it a little, it Still likes to porpise a little at full throttle.

As a side note l still have my old Aeroflyte "Spitfire" profile control line, the remains of an "Aquarius" free flight glider and "Aero 1" free running boat on the shelf (was just thinking about refurbishing that one).

Happy hunting
Old 03-29-2016, 03:58 AM
daniel37

Smile Aeroflyte aquarius

HI just wanting to know if you have the plans for the Aeroflyte aquarius if so can I get a copy of them I will be happy to pay for a copy or if you have some good pic of it, I have built quite a few aeroflyte models I have pic of them on rc groups.com, under daniel37

regards Daniel

Last edited by daniel37; 03-29-2016 at 04:07 AM.
Old 03-29-2016, 04:15 PM
bushwacked

Hi daniel
Ive just had a quick look in the plans box and yes l still have a partial plan for the Aeroflyte Aquarius. Unfortunatly it looks like l cut out the wing and fuselage plans to use as a template(this was the first balsa kit l had made), so the build instructions are still there but not the plan itself other than the tail plan. Anyway happy to get a copy of whats there run off and sent your way.

Cheers
bushwacked
Old 03-29-2016, 04:23 PM
daniel37

I have the kestrel kit it has the some wings as the aquarius did the aquarius have a vac form plastic fuselage or all wood fuselage if possible can you please take some goog pic of the plans and manual and email it to me Any help would be appreciated

regards daniel

Last edited by daniel37; 03-29-2016 at 05:06 PM.
Old 04-08-2016, 09:40 AM
pinky_d_brain

lots of people have bean looking check this link out
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-a...-platypus.html