Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Airboats
Reload this Page >

I need a customized airboat plans for sell, Can someone please help?

Notices
RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

I need a customized airboat plans for sell, Can someone please help?

Old 10-24-2015, 07:37 AM
eranomo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need a customized airboat plans for sell, Can someone please help?

I need someone well experienced to sell me customized RC airboat plan ASAP - Just name your price...
Old 10-24-2015, 12:35 PM
crispyspa

Custom? Custom sized traditional hull of something more exotic?

Here is a link to a good flat bottom plan for free. Just scale up or down as needed.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-a...ild-plans.html
Old 10-24-2015, 02:05 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

He sent me a PM on RCGroups asking for the same thing. I suggested a Google search; also mentioned a boogie board boat since they're easy to build.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:36 PM
eranomo

Hi,
I am afraid that my requests are more “unique” then usual…
I am a fish farm owner, I have an issue with birds (spatially pelicans) eating my fishes, we do 4X4 patrols and use fireworks and sirens to scare away the birds but it doesn’t help much since they go deep inside the pond.

I need an RC Airboat that I can just throw inside the pond and scare the birds away, I read somewhere that there is an issue with weed getting stuck on regular boats propeller so I chose airboat for this project (Is that correct?).

- Electric brushless engine, no gas.
- The boat should be able to run intensively - about ~4 hours without charging it (means a lot of batteries and extra weight)
- I need to install an amplifier and two 112db horns on it (12V2A) which weight about 1.5 kg
- I will also install a camera which use 5V.
- The boat should be able to run at ~30 mph
- Nice and clean turns on ~30 mph (Gyro? Extra fin for balance? Hydro/flat design).

I will handle all the RF equipment (I have the basic knowledge), What I need is a hull design, engine, ESC nd propeller recommendation, I will also need the batteries deployment design, I believe the boat will be very heavy so the hull cannot be standard… spatially not a boogie board
Old 10-24-2015, 10:41 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Well, it helps to state the purpose of the build in the first place. I have no advice for you. Any advice I'd have would be for a recreational type boat.

Good luck on your build.
Old 10-25-2015, 07:42 AM
crispyspa

Yeah. You could use a regular 10 or 12 foot flat bottom duck boat and a gas engine with lots of fuel. Use a GPS control somehow. Or you could just sink a tether pole in the middle of the lake and have the boat go in a fixed circle for hours on end. Whatever you come up with, it would be interesting to see. Good luck.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:23 AM
eranomo

I cannot use gas, only batteries....
Old 10-27-2015, 06:46 AM
asmithnc

What a great project. Wish I was still building I would take this on in a heart beat. Mr. Eranomo, What you are asking for is more than we as a hobby do. But, some of your needs are doable. I see your two biggest issues will be 30mph and 4 hrs of run time. I would suggest looking into electric motorcycle forums for engine and battery options. You can always us an adapter on the shaft for a prop. I would love to see a 8' Aluminum jon boat tethered to a pole in the middle of the pond. at the pole attach a remotely operated winch in which you can let out line/rope in order to land and change batteries. To the line you can attach streamers etc. On the boat behind the prop install an air driven noise maker.

Not knowing what your ponds look like you may want to seek a cheaper alternative route! Tethered electric float planes with screaming noise makers and streamers.
Old 02-11-2016, 03:15 PM
rash_powder

Have you heard of potato guns? They are PVC pipe, an end cap and a grill igniter at the simplest. Charge it with hairspray and jam a potato in the barrel. They make a pretty good boom and will shoot further than you would expect. I don't think a direct hit to a pelican would kill it, but definitely would scare it, as would a near miss.

I have to to agree with what the others posted, though. You are in need of something beyond hobby levels and size.

I do do not know the size of your fish pond, so this idea may not work. I was once at a zoo in Florida that had strings about 10ft over the picnic tables at the food court. It effectively kept the birds out. Could you some how run ropes across the pond? The Pelicans we have here in North Dakota require a lot of landing and take off space, so I would think 6ft between ropes would be enough. A couple feet off the water should be enough to discourage them.

If your location allows it just shoot them dead. Some birds are smart enough to quit going where all their buddies die.