1/5 scale airboat project

Notices
RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

1/5 scale airboat project

Old 03-02-2021, 03:15 AM
specialk1

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 1/5 scale airboat project

Just picked this one up these hulls , they are made in Florida going to redo a few things on it. has slick bottom on it for sliding going to have to add a trim tab because it's porpoising . Waiting for some new LiPo battery trays so I can mount them and straighten out the CG a little bit. Next I'm going to build aluminum foils instead of the fiberglass ones that are on it now

Old 03-02-2021, 07:34 AM
Got RPM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice boat. I assume you’ll raise the assembly and mount it on a deck, currently about 1/5 of the prop blast is shrouded by the transom and is working against you by drastically reducing thrust. What motor, ESC, battery and prop are you using? How long is the hull?

The porpoising could be due to the CG being too far back, or the hull design. Before adding tabs I’d recommend playing with the CG. Hulls like this usually work best with the CG about 1/3rd of the forward of the transom. Yours appears to further back than that. What do you mean by “foils”? If you mean rudders, making them larger will improve control.