Snowboatn

Notices
RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

Snowboatn

Old 12-07-2003, 02:19 PM
dwc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snowboatn

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's a couple airboats a buddy and I just built based on BoogerBoy's designs. Mine (the white one) has a .32 GMS and his has an OS .46. Both are a blast in the snow but his works a little better because it is heavier and doesn't flip as easy. The
roll bars are essential but I did end up stripping my rudder servo. Yesterday I drove it on a frozen lake, (glare ice) and it was awesome. Hopefully they will work just as well in the water.
Dan
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61925.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	80466  
Old 12-07-2003, 08:03 PM
TERBObob
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Snowboatn

Very nice .... now .... how about some video of them in action ? Or at least ... maybe some action shots ?
Snowboating ... can't beat it ! [8D]
Old 12-08-2003, 02:25 AM
pro27

Must be nice .............
The lake here is frozen, but no access in the winter.
No Snow either. Probably not until late in the month or January.
Old 12-08-2003, 09:32 AM
TERBObob
My Feedback: (21)

Shoot , sorry to hear that PRO ... I would have thought that being north of Madison , you would get it before that .
Us here ( NE section of Iowa - 90 miles west of WI/IL border and 90 miles south of the MN border ) , well , we already got about an 1 and a half and the weather guys are saying another 6 for this Wednesday ( sure would be nice [8D] ) .
Hey , maybe with a little luck , some of that will travel up your way and give you something to run on ....
Well , as typical , those guys on the east SURE got some ! [:@] . Ok you guys , give it back -
( very typical scenario - hits just west of us , then jumps OVER us and gives those guys out east what jumped over us - )

[link=http://home.mchsi.com/~terboinc/heatmisersong.wav]Click here for WHY the midwest has no snow[/link]
Old 12-08-2003, 10:29 AM
pro27

Living in the central part of the state is the big downfall here. There is a stretch across WI that varies widely in it's weather patterns. Sort of a no-man's land. Typically, the real weather starts about an hour north and an hour south of us, (Wausau and Portage). Most of the summer is a gamble.Despite what the weatherman says, we get something else. It's like we are on a fringe all the time with the fronts coming down from Canada and those moving up from the south. Mostly, its blamed on the lake effect, but personally, I think the potato farmers have something going with mother nature