my bottle rocket air boat

Notices
RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

my bottle rocket air boat

Old 03-04-2004, 10:31 AM
Model_Mann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my bottle rocket air boat

lol, a friend gave me an idea to made an air boat that can launch bottle rockets (any propelled explosive) , im ganna use an electrical egnition system [>:], ill post pic's durring the construction process,
Old 03-04-2004, 11:31 AM
ludovic

Default RE: my bottle rocket air boat

Hey Model Mann,

What country are you trying to invade????

Seriously, I've seen a swamp buggy with two small rockets on each side! They were horizontal, then the guy, by radio control would erect them and fire them off!!! Haven't seen them operate, the boat was in a lhs a few years ago.

If you do that at night, it would look like a tomahawk going off the deck of a battleship

See ya!
Old 03-04-2004, 07:38 PM
TERBObob
My Feedback: (21)

Just keep one thing in mind .... SAFETY .
Make sure no one is around that could possibly get hurt . Otherwise , a "neat" thing could go sour on you and cost your mom and dad some pretty good pennies .
Old 03-04-2004, 09:11 PM
Mr Cajun Gator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OOOOOOOOO dang this kid is out of control.....J/J been there, its a blast, even more when you have it set up to blow the boat at the end. Like Terbobob said, them Dr's are NOT CHEAP like us on here. No more paying with a chickhen.
Old 03-05-2004, 07:04 AM
asmithnc

[:-] call 911
Old 03-05-2004, 09:27 AM
Model_Mann

lol, yep, i'll probably on use bottle rockets, but was thinking about making the turrets innerchangeable so that i can launch custom rockets powered by Estes A-1 engines, (lol i love things that go BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![>:]) but i though the danger level would be a bit high, lol, but i'll probably stick with bottle rockets, i have an overabundance of them at home, lol, it'll be a good project for me, (as long as i dont blow up my neighbors stupid-@$$ yippy dog, god i hate that thing talk about annoying,)

heres what im using for the ingnition system,
Old 03-05-2004, 09:47 AM
Model_Mann

here is what im ganna use
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pm34899.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	108032  
Old 03-05-2004, 10:07 AM
asmithnc

[sm=confused.gif] you better put 911 on speed dial.
Old 03-05-2004, 10:27 AM
Model_Mann

nah, im actually verry good at working with exlosives,

one time i uses 1/4 inch copper tubing , cut a 1.5 in long section hammered one end closed filled it with flash powder (much more explosive than gun powder) , them crimped that end closed, ( i used delayed cannon fuse, about 7 sec worth so i could run the other way,) i then lit the fuse, threw it as hard as i could and ducked behind a brarn in my yard, and then BOOM, it blew a 2 inch deep hole in my yard with a diameter of at least 2 feet,

i was thinkin about makin one more of my copper tube pipe bombs cramin it in a custom 3 or 4 inch long rocket with a estes b3 engine and loadin it onto my air boat and then play tag with my neighbors dog, lol,
Old 03-05-2004, 12:15 PM
asmithnc

Is your real name Eric Rodolf!
Old 03-05-2004, 12:33 PM
Model_Mann

ORIGINAL: asmithnc

Is your real name Eric Rodolf!

who in the heck is that,
Old 03-05-2004, 01:19 PM
asmithnc

[X(] Eric Roldolph blew up abortion clinics. He made his own explosives like you. Next time tie the copper rode to a cinder block and chunk it into a lake.
Old 03-05-2004, 07:04 PM
TERBObob
My Feedback: (21)

Without sounding like an ole fart .... you DO know that making pipe bombs is a federal class offense , right ?
Old 03-05-2004, 07:35 PM
ibuildstuff

thats what happens when children get ahold of the latest copy of the anarchists cookbook.
Old 03-05-2004, 09:02 PM
Mr Cajun Gator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man we can not stop you from playing with these things(I've even made a few noise makers) but man what ever you do use good CLEAR THINKING. And alway expect the unexpected. The smallest injurys are very big with playing around with bombs. NEVER disrespect them!!!
Old 03-05-2004, 10:22 PM
Model_Mann

thanks for the warnings, when ever i am sorking with any thing that is explosive/ volital/ DANGEROUS, i practice extream cauation, and try not to do any thing stupid,

when my dad was a kid he made a few (noise makers, as haljmac puts it) and has passed down some of his secrets to me,

butt when i make then i have promissed to never use more than 1.5 oz of black, or flash powder, or any explosive at a time, the most ive ever used in one noise maker was around 1/4 oz. and was used in the ones i explained to you guys already.
Old 03-05-2004, 11:42 PM
ibuildstuff

ORIGINAL: Model_Mann
when ever i am sorking with any thing that is explosive/ volital/ DANGEROUS, i practice extream cauation, and try not to do any thing stupid, Continue to next quote
butt when i make then i have promissed to never use more than 1.5 oz of black, or flash powder, or any explosive at a time, the most ive ever used in one noise maker was around 1/4 oz. and was used in the ones i explained to you guys already. and this justifies this how?
Id suggest you get a little more knowledge of what exactly CAN happen when you mess with that stuff... at my shooting club, there is a can of XXX black powder... now, flash is hotter, and but burns faster... now this XXX black powder can, WAS EMPTY.. guy puts his cig in there, can blows up, he looses 2 fingers.... wanna know how? the dust inside of the tin ignited, causing a hellava explosion, rupturing the tin. Your playing with flash powder, and 1 and a half ounces of that stuff, is apx 2500+ grains, when i shoot black powder, i use 85 grains, and it'll knock a deer down in its tracks... I would suggest you seriously reconsider your intentions with this substance.

Jesse

BTW, I'm not trying to be a dick about it, just trying to keep someone who likes the hobby, WITH the hobby.
Old 03-06-2004, 12:02 AM
doctoreagle

Mann- These guys are givinh good advise. Listen well.

I have been into model rockets for years and have seen a few go astray. No one got hurt but it was under controlled conditions. But I have seen the results of rockets that hit somebody or land on/in a house, not pretty and caused alot of damage.

But on the other hand I have thought of mounting some small rockets on one of my r/c planes so I know where you might be comming from. But in my mind it is far to dangerous. But on an air boat in the midle of a small lake it might be fun to use as a launch pad.
Old 03-06-2004, 07:53 AM
Model_Mann

hey jessey, thx, and same from you dr. eagle im thinkin about just using bottle rockets, ive now heard too many stories about guys losin fingers,, im ganna stick with the bottle rockets
Old 03-08-2004, 01:19 PM
canadianjosh

I used to be 15 once to my friend, I have had many experiences with explosives, fireworks manufacturing, and high explosives that you've never heard of. If you think flash powder is powerful wait until you stumble upon AP and your 4 inch pipe bomb will level your barn, your house and you at the same time. Now, back in the day i used to be into model rockets, i built a 3 stage D engine AIM-9 sidewinder missle model (no explosive payload). For your special effects needs i suggest you use 1/2 a engines. Now if you launch a rocket engine out of a tube that is shorter than 5 feet long your engine will fly all over the place uncontrollably. This is simply because the engine has not reached a sufficient speed while being guided to fly straight. This is why the rocket lauch pads have that long metal pole, this is to aloow the rocket to be guided until it has reached a speed at which the fins on it can control its course. Now loading an explosive payload into a rocket is no problem, given that you know where it is headed and where it will be when the payload explodes, this is very difficult to do, especially if your rocket is going to fly all over the place. As well loading explosives into rockets is kinda looked down upon by fellow modelers, i know this because i once brought up the topic of loading rockets into planes. So one be safe, i don't recommend even thinking about explosives until you have done some extensive research into them( about a yr or two). Good luck
Old 03-08-2004, 03:04 PM
ibuildstuff

hey jessey, thx, and same from you dr. eagle im thinkin about just using bottle rockets, ive now heard too many stories about guys losin fingers,, im ganna stick with the bottle rockets
But i thought you said in a earlier post that you knew what you were doing??? You are 16 years old, id stick with nitromethane or gasoline engines for right now, and once you gain more knowlage of rocketry and explosives, you can dabble in it

Jesse
Old 03-08-2004, 07:15 PM
Model_Mann

ORIGINAL: ibuildstuff

But i thought you said in a earlier post that you knew what you were doing??? You are 16 years old, id stick with nitromethane or gasoline engines for right now, and once you gain more knowlage of rocketry and explosives, you can dabble in it

Jesse

jesse, i did say that i know what im doing, and with the help of my dad i really know what im doing, what i was saying was that im ganna lay off the the explosives for now, and just use bottle rockets so that way i can make shure it's ganna work, and i dont want to lose a finger, arm, my life[8D], you know freak accidents do happen, all i was tryin to say was that im ganna think about what im doing and reconsider my options, and since i dont need a felony on my record im ganna stick with bottle rockets,

BTW, im not trying to be a dick, im just clarifying what you missconstrued.
Old 03-08-2004, 07:16 PM
Model_Mann

hey canadian josh, what is Ap.
Old 03-08-2004, 10:51 PM
canadianjosh

AP is short for Acetone Peroxide which is a high explosive compund used to detonate even more high explosive compounds. Here are some pics so you can ooo and aaah at it's sheer power.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63207.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	109407   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qm35640.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	109408  
Old 03-09-2004, 08:45 AM
Model_Mann

how big was that pipe,
is ap a solid like c4 or c3 or is it a powder like black or flash powder,
how deep did you burry that pipe
do they really put that stuff in fireworks

OOOOOOOHHHHH AAAAAHHHHHH.

[>:]looks like fun.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.