motor mounts

Notices
RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

motor mounts

Old 08-02-2004, 02:08 PM
ritzblitz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default motor mounts

Hi, a friend and I are building an airboat from scratch. We need some motor mounts that would be able to mount a .15 motor.

We need something like this- http://rcairboats.net/v-web/gallery/...photos/OC2.jpg Can someone link me to where we could find such a thing?? maybe with the rudder and servos too, that would rock.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-02-2004, 03:16 PM
Selph-Inflicted

Default RE: motor mounts

The motor mount used on 1BADHD's Orange Crush is a motor mount designed for the "Airforce", a kit boat. You can get these motor mounts from Tower Hobbies for about $13.
Old 08-03-2004, 12:57 AM
pro27

Default RE: motor mounts

Servo's will come included with the radio system when purchased.

As far as a rudder and other components, there are no commercially available parts for munc of the stuff we use. Some small items are used from the model airplane community while the vast majority of parts are home made.

The motor pylon mounts dadaddyro mentioned are very good and are used by two different manufacturers for their kit boats (AquaCraft and Dane's Hobbies). Besides the nylon mopunts, you will have to make or purchase the wooden platform that the engine sits on. This is also anAquaCraft item that can be purchased from Tower Hobbies.

If you go to the listing for thr Air Force, you can get to a page that lists replacement parts for this particular hull that could be used for a hull of your own design.