Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Airboats
Reload this Page >

This Ain`t no, Boogie Board Boat Build..

Notices
RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

This Ain`t no, Boogie Board Boat Build..

Old 01-29-2008, 08:52 PM
D Bronk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This Ain`t no, Boogie Board Boat Build..

..Has anyone entered the build contest? Are these top Secret Builds, only to reveiled after contest is over?I would think it would get more entries if the boards were not kept hidden..so a Beginer could get some ideas and put their own twist to it,for their own Build

..Anyways.I want to participate ,and hope that one of the organizers,(Can`t login there) could give me a go ahead on the Board that I found..Was a real tuff hunt to come up with this .Its a foam Snow Sled 1-1/8" thick,X 18" wide,X 45" long,& weighs next to Nothing..I don`t want to do anything to this if I can`t enter the contest with it..By the Way, very nice prizes ..I`m not really after the Prizes ,as much as the Experience ,and hopefully a decent RC AirBoat for Snow/Land use.A prize is just a nice Bonus ..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87843.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	864885   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni23160.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	864886   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sx61191.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	864887  
Old 01-30-2008, 10:05 AM
dadkins

Default RE: This Ain`t no, Boogie Board Boat Build..

I Like it ! My son has one of those and they tend to flex a little - ok.. a lot. nothing that couldn't be fixed with some stringer/engine mounts.
I am thinkin BIG motor to get that going decent - so much surface area and soooo smooth I think it would have a lot of sticktion.
And Yeah - where are all the boogie board boats ? Anyone.... Bueller......Bueller...
There are some good prizes at stake, I,m thinking I may have to make one ! I I only had ANY time.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:41 AM
D Bronk

Hey Dad,Gd`Day..You figure that board will work and be acceptable for the contest? .. I`m thinking my SuperTigre G-90,
for motor-vation..Does your sons` board have that much curl (rock) to it also..? I think, I`m going to build it in the open here in the threads..I`m a newbie with these things (airboats) too But maybe it will drag a few more Competitors (newbies)out of the Shadows..After all, that`s really what the contest is for,Getting people to try some Airboat building..I don`t think that there`s any losers with a contest like this,everybody ends up with a new R/C,Hopefully....How olds your Boy? You and he ,should do a Father son project/entry together,there`s lots of time to complete it,You be the Director, and he, the Executioner..Or is he already a builder on his own?[X(]

..I messed up my login/Registration at the MABA,and can`t post over there..[&:]
Old 01-30-2008, 12:00 PM
dadkins

hI D,
I seem to recal my sons sled being a little flatter - I have my reservations about how well it would work- if it did get going - I think it would catch the wind and flip real easy.
My son is 12 -just about right to start airboatin- But unfortunately he is not real intersted in building models / rc. He would rather be building a jump for his bike or playing sports or texting his freinds..
I enjoy reading your threads - and encourage your airboat building - So keep it up !
Take care. Dave
Old 01-30-2008, 02:58 PM
boatman1

Yes that board is acceptable for the contest

My boogie boat is almost done
Old 01-30-2008, 08:30 PM
Mr Cajun Gator

Boogie, snow, body boards are all alowwed in the contest. There are a few that have there hulls built and a few more that are still in the building process. The original plan was to show the pics as they come in, then that would make it easy for others to top your build. Thank you for starting this post and i'm looking forward to seeing all of the boats that will be in the contest.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:09 AM
D Bronk

Dad, I went and picked up some stuff for this Contest board .Think I have everything I need now, to build without having to go out shopping for something..Forget what I just said.I forgot to pick up more props,on the other hand I do have one Here on hand (13X8) that will make it move at least..

..I` m glad this Board passes the Criteria..When I hear Foam Board I think of the Expanded Type foams(insulation board type) this Board I have is more like a Foam Rubber..So I was not certain, If I had the right Animal,or not..

Mr .Gator .Just a Thought..If the Boats pics, were posted as they were being Built.Yes, the next Guy could Top you.But his would be shown also, so that would allow the first guy, To rework his boat to take the advantage back again, over the Second Guy`s..Kind of a Friendly ,Vicious Circle..Ahh, maybe it`s not such a good Idea..To me, it doesn`t really matter,I`m happy just to play the Game I`ll actually start to work on, and post pics as I go here,once I get my little Aluminum project finished up first..The speed,that I`m going at it ,is , almost Reverse..LOL