Notices
RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

Parts Source AquaCraft .46 Engine?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 10:06 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Parts Source AquaCraft .46 Engine?

Tower Hobbies is running out of stock on these AquaCraft .46 engines and I'm starting to think they may discontinue the motors and parts. The piston pin is already listed as a discontinued item. A lot of the other parts are out of stock, but have an expected delivery of late March. We all know how that goes. They've probably been out of stock for 6 months and Tower just keeps pushing the ETA date back each month.

Does anyone know another source for parts on these engines?

I'm pretty sure it's just a Tower .46 engine, but I don't have any proof. Has anyone used Tower .46 parts in an AquaCraft .46 engine?
Old 03-07-2008, 01:57 AM
crispyspa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parts Source AquaCraft .46 Engine?

I looked...sorry. One thing I did notice though, the dimensions for the Tower Hobbies .46 piston pin are not listed......Hmmmm. I wonder if you could e-mail them and find out what those dimensions are.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:06 AM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Parts Source AquaCraft .46 Engine?

They don't list the part sizes on purpose. They don't want you to know that the parts are interchangable.

I'm not sure if they are interchangable, but thats why they don't list the part dimensions. If us modelers knew what parts would interchange, they'd make a lot less money. If we could buy the cheap connecting rod for the Tower .46 and it works in 95% of the .46 engines out there--they'd make less money selling OS connecting rods. [sm=71_71.gif]

Look at the bore and stroke numbers for many of the popular .46 aircraft engines. Almost all of them are the same except the TT Pro .46. The Magnum, OS, Tower Hobbies all have the same bore and stroke. Does that mean they all use the same crank and rod? Same piston and cylinder? Who knows?[] Have to buy the parts and find out, I guess.