Notices
RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

air boat in the snow

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 04:06 PM
vamp131

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default air boat in the snow

Hi guys not been on much bought a plane joined the flying club its great fun but means not get to play with my boats that often

today took my air boat up to the flying club as its been snowing here my god it went nearly as fast on the snow as it does water had it up and down the landing strip then lost control hit the safety netting it went straight thro it nearly hit the club house turned right went for ages till it hit a tree got to hit my cockpit was smashed so need to try make a new one the crystal had pooped out the receiver so fixed that with tape hard lesson to learn i bought a fail safe think i will fit it now before i kill some one lol but try them in the snow its great fun apart from being bloody cold
Old 02-04-2009, 07:22 PM
deslok113

Default RE: air boat in the snow

I'll bet airboats really move on the snow. Unfortunately in South Louisiana we don't get much snow. I sort of know what you mean. I didn't realize that airboats can go fast on land as well as the water until I was running my Gator in the back yard and it flipped end over end 3 times. Luckily, only a plastic piece on the rudder was damaged. That was an easy fix and a noob lesson.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:25 PM
crispyspa

Default RE: air boat in the snow

Oh yea...they are faster in the snow....even faster on ice. lots of fun!

I liked the story vamp. makes me wish you would have gotten it on film.