Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Airboats
Reload this Page >

so, how many times have you flipped your alligator boat?

Notices
RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

so, how many times have you flipped your alligator boat?

Old 05-11-2009, 05:21 PM
Traxxas4fun
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so, how many times have you flipped your alligator boat?

ive flipped mine twice in about 6 runs? first was going to fast, second was like barely moving..
Old 05-11-2009, 08:27 PM
crispyspa

Default RE: so, how many times have you flipped your alligator boat?

flipping is all part of the fun.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:18 PM
deslok113

Mine used to flip like crazy too. Some one in the Gator forum suggested changing the thrust angle to 0 deg. Aquacraft has it at a+6deg. Their reasoning is that it plants the aft section in the water and raises the bow allowing the boat to go faster. Zeroing the thrust angle will correct the flipping. Use 2 #4 washers on the back motor mounts. That should correct your problem. Now I have to take a sharp turn at full throttle to flip my Gator. I have to take a REALLY sharp turn at full throttle to flip her. The only problem I have now is that she runs hot a lot even if I set her as rich as possible w/o stalling she goes through plugs in about 4 to 6 10 min. runs.
Old 12-26-2009, 12:07 AM
Bush_Wacker

ok lol i fliped mine 5 times out of 6 runs on land when im messing around with trim and stuff about every time lol
Old 12-26-2009, 12:58 PM
DJLaPalme

It seems with the Aligator Tours boat that some hulls may be twisted and others not. I don't know if this is the case, but I have found out that it doe's not like rough water and wind. The rough water causes it to catch the waves on the side and flip. I modified mine and last sunday I ran it in Ocala in some rough water and wind. It handled it great. No flips no matter how fast I was running it, or how sharp I tried to turn it. I modified it by cutting the "V" out of the bottom of the hull and giving it a slight concave shape. I then added two inches to each side of the hull. I will probably be doing a thread with a friend of mines hull and his help after the first of the year. Dennis