INBOARD CAMERA
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Acqg4VJWHpM[/youtube]

SHORT VIDEO
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9J0msrTwH8[/youtube]

Old 01-02-2010, 02:27 AM
Rowboat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My Laser Cut Air Boat PROTOTYPE

Thanks for the update. All looks like it is going well.

I would like to know what type of INBOARD CAMERA you used because I'm looking to buy one and your vid turned out very sharp, it must be good quality camera.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:05 PM
claserdesigns
My Feedback: (14)

I used an ebay key chain camera http://cgi.ebay.com/Spy-Key-Chain-Ca...item230479ee78

it works excellent

ORIGINAL: Rowboat

Thanks for the update. All looks like it is going well.

I would like to know what type of INBOARD CAMERA you used because I'm looking to buy one and your vid turned out very sharp, it must be good quality camera.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:14 PM
claserdesigns

Here is another video.

I'm using a Spektrum DX3S and I have trhe throttle setup only to 75%.

For recording I'm using a keychain camera attached to my DX3S that's why sometimes you can't see ther airboat on the screen, it's hard to know what are you recording.

Next testing will be in the water, it's to cold outside right now to go to the lake.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_cWUd5HdPM[/youtube]
Old 01-02-2010, 05:38 PM
Rowboat

I noticed that the vibrations didn’t transfer through to the camera. This is what I want.

Thanks for that.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:08 PM
Bush_Wacker

looking to buy one have a date yet?
Old 01-04-2010, 10:18 AM
claserdesigns

Ordering information will be available on my webpage at the end of this week.

ORIGINAL: Bush_Wacker

looking to buy one have a date yet?
Old 01-04-2010, 06:42 PM
2manytoyz

Thanks for the update, fire up that laser, think you're going to be busy...

Old 01-11-2010, 10:59 AM
claserdesigns

I apologize for all of you waiting on the pre-order information to be available on my webpage this past Friday, I had a little back injury during the week and I was unable to do some final testing and take the pictures and videos. I will try to get everything done for this week.

Carlos C

Old 01-11-2010, 09:06 PM
2manytoyz

Waiting patiently...

Get your back rested, you're going to be very busy shortly!
Old 01-16-2010, 02:42 PM
claserdesigns

This week have been a little crazy with my hurt back and in top of that flu, but I managed to get some work done, I did some redesign on the boat, single rudder instead of 2, and thicker wood. I will be posting pictures this weekend and videos during the week.

Old 01-18-2010, 04:37 PM
claserdesigns

Finished

Old 01-19-2010, 02:28 PM
claserdesigns

Some fun today at the lake, driving with only one hand and recording with the other.I love this boat

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaGgovmsnCo[/youtube]
Old 01-22-2010, 08:40 AM
claserdesigns

Nice sliding on the water, but battery was dying on me as you can see at the end.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHCov5nFkzg[/youtube]
Old 01-23-2010, 08:58 PM
claserdesigns

I just added a .10 glow engine and modified the rudder with more curves. videos during the week hopefully.

Old 02-08-2010, 07:14 PM
tanasit

I read the post with interest and plan to order one soon. The only modification that I may want to try is adjustable angle motor mount. This may come in handy when you can't relocate the batterty for better CG in different water/wind conditions. I am also looking forward to your hovercraft one. Thanks for the great products.
In fact, I am going on ebay to order one now. This will be perfect for the frozen pond or when there's too much weeds to run the prop boats.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:54 PM
claserdesigns

Thanks for your order, you can also order them from my website.

Regarding the adjustable angle of the motor mount, you can add 2 little washers on the top or bottom of the 4 screws that holds the motor and that way play the angle, but I might be able to come with something later on to make it adjustable, something that can be added to the existing design.

Carlos C

ORIGINAL: tanasit

I read the post with interest and plan to order one soon. The only modification that I may want to try is adjustable angle motor mount. This may come in handy when you can't relocate the batterty for better CG in different water/wind conditions. I am also looking forward to your hovercraft one. Thanks for the great products.
In fact, I am going on ebay to order one now. This will be perfect for the frozen pond or when there's too much weeds to run the prop boats.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:01 AM
tanasit

Deleted: duplicates [&o]
Old 02-09-2010, 09:14 AM
tanasit

In stead of flat bottom, how about the tunnel hull that should improve the straight line performance as well as the speed.
As for the motor mount, from the pictures I think perhaps if I elongate the mounting holes on the vertical supports (either the top or the bottom pair) into the arc only about 1/8", that should do it.

ORIGINAL: claserdesigns

Thanks for your order, you can also order them from my website.

Regarding the adjustable angle of the motor mount, you can add 2 little washers on the top or bottom of the 4 screws that holds the motor and that way play the angle, but I might be able to come with something later on to make it adjustable, something that can be added to the existing design.

Carlos C

Old 02-09-2010, 09:56 AM
claserdesigns

In stead of flat bottom, how about the tunnel hull that should improve the straight line performance as well as the speed.
As for the motor mount, from the pictures I think perhaps if I enlarge the mounting holes on the vertical supports (either the top or the bottom pair) into the arc only about 1/8", that should do it.
I designed the Anarchy so it will slide "drift" on corners,by adding a tunnel hull design will eliminate the fun ofdrifting on the waterbut I'm experimenting with vacuum plastic molding and this will give more design options on my future products. I will look into doing an airboat design with a tunnel hull.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:01 PM
2manytoyz

The Dumas Big Swamp Buggy has a tunnel hull, and there's issues with the motor thrust angle, and the tendency of it to catch air and flip. Consequently, running it at full throttle for long usually results in having to rescue it. It turns great at speed. People often end up putting trim tabs on the back of the boat, and a wing up front. Everything is a trade-off. IMHO, the benefits of a tunnel hull are negated with an engine mounted above the deck on a pod. Seems that thrust angle needs to be closer to the level of the hull. Discussed in detail here: [link]http://boatdesign.net/articles/tunnel-hull-design/index.htm[/link]

Okay, I've got your electric Anarchy up and running. Ordered the nitro version, and now waiting for the 26cc gasser version. You're on a roll, don't get side tracked!
Old 02-25-2010, 08:37 AM
DJLaPalme

I received my boat yesterday and was pleasantly surprised to find no damage to the box or kit inside. I opened the box and was even more impressed. Everything was organized in separate bags and the laser cut wood looked great. If I owned a model company that made kits out of wood I would invest in a laser cutter. This kit looks great where a major boat kit manufacturer we all know has kits that leave a lot to be desired(bad plans, cheap wood, NON laser cut). It looks like this boat should go together quickly and VERY easily. I know it is fun to drive because I drove 2manytoyz boat. It was so much fun that I immediately ordered my own kit. I will probably be one of the first to order a gasser too. Keep up the good work Carlos. Sorry we missed you sunday. Dennis
Old 02-25-2010, 09:11 AM
claserdesigns

ORIGINAL: DJLaPalme

I received my boat yesterday and was pleasantly surprised to find no damage to the box or kit inside. I opened the box and was even more impressed. Everything was organized in separate bags and the laser cut wood looked great. If I owned a model company that made kits out of wood I would invest in a laser cutter. This kit looks great where a major boat kit manufacturer we all know has kits that leave a lot to be desired(bad plans, cheap wood, NON laser cut). It looks like this boat should go together quickly and VERY easily. I know it is fun to drive because I drove 2mantoyz boat. It was so much fun that I immediately ordered my own kit. I will probably be one of the first to order a gasser too. Keep up the good work Carlos. Sorry we missed you sunday. Dennis

I'm glad you like it, I'm waiting on a few 3S lipo batteries that I ordered from hongkong so I can use my airboat, this weekend i will be testing some changes I made to the gasser. Iwill be testing a puller design like the electric versioninstead of the the pusher design.

Old 02-25-2010, 08:18 PM
2manytoyz

Got my nitro version of the Anarchy yesterday also. Opened the box tonight. WOW. Nice job Carlos. Ditto the comments from Dennis. The Dumas company could sure take a lesson from the quality of your products. Their stuff is crap by comparison. Jeez, the kit even includes the antenna tube and fuel tank. A+.

Hope we catch up with you soon. Can't wait to see the final version of the gasser. Put me down for one of those too.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:19 PM
2manytoyz

Another video of the electric version of the Anarchy, from the meet last weekend.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg-FpKExhXY[/youtube]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.