Please Be Carefull!

Notices
RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

Please Be Carefull!

Old 06-22-2010, 10:14 PM
res3567

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Be Carefull!

I tried to pick up my Aquacraft Airforce with the engine running and the prop hit my finger......not to bad of an injury......but it could have been a LOT WORSE.....the engine was at idle....an OS .46 spinning a 10 x 6 prop.....not gory............THIS COULD APPLY TO AIRPLANE GUYS AS WELL
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj24177.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	1457164  
Old 06-22-2010, 11:09 PM
jg2009

Default RE: Please Be Carefull!

I feel your pain man, Been there myself.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:26 AM
Andersean

ouch
Old 07-13-2010, 02:35 AM
Rowboat

Thoes props bite hard. [&o]
Old 07-14-2010, 06:48 PM
MadManAndrew

You should see my brothers fingers...He got 16 stitches from doing the same
Old 07-14-2010, 07:39 PM
controlliner

Good thing it wasn't an APC meat slicer[X(]
Old 07-14-2010, 09:07 PM
nitromandh

I had a nasty slice in my palm from my saito fa-50 and a master airscrew prop. Didn't want to get stitches so I just wrapped it up and it took about 9 weeks to fully heal.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:28 PM
asmithnc

Now go out and buy you an electric starter. Your finger are worth every penny.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:52 PM
res3567

I left it alone, but the torn part of the nail was getting caught on things; everyday life of using my fingers. A few times I felt pain.......as time went on I treated my left hand as injured and was more carefull when grabbing stuff. It has healed completely, and I finally took the fingernail clippers to the torn part of the nail and CAREFULLY cut it out. Now my finger just looks like it has a groove in the nail, and skin has filled in the gap. I am fine now.....very carefull when handling my boat.

Thanks for all of y'alls stories and support!
Old 07-20-2010, 05:58 PM
Darkseacret

Its offical your green nolonger welcome to the club. I stopped a .46 fx w/a 10x7 right after I started it with my finger It hurt like alot, and I bought a starter soon after and now never take my eyes off that spinning circle of death. And give it plenty of repect I still get nervouse taking glow plug stick off
Old 07-20-2010, 09:12 PM
res3567

Thanks bro!
ORIGINAL: darkseacret

Its offical your green nolonger welcome to the club. I stopped a .46 fx w/a 10x7 right after I started it with my finger It hurt like alot, and I bought a starter soon after and now never take my eyes off that spinning circle of death. And give it plenty of repect I still get nervouse taking glow plug stick off
Old 07-23-2010, 01:57 AM
boatnut

Don't ever, ever try to finger start a apc prop  one kick back will slice
a finger like you can't belive. Electric starter was dead. I now at least use a
chicken stick. Learned the hard [hurtful] way.
And never try to hand start a 3 blade. ,you just can' be quick enough all the time.

Having this much fun must be illegal
Old 07-23-2010, 01:47 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Been there done that. Was bench running an OS 25FP and the test stand broke. I was hit three times by a MA 9X6. I was fortunate as it only gave me two minor cuts, but as someone else already said, it could have been a lot worse.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:23 PM
carlosam

ORIGINAL: res3567

I tried to pick up my Aquacraft Airforce with the engine running and the prop hit my finger......not to bad of an injury......but it could have been a LOT WORSE.....the engine was at idle....an OS .46 spinning a 10 x 6 prop.....not gory............THIS COULD APPLY TO AIRPLANE GUYS AS WELL
More accidents with propellers- [link=http://www.aeromodelismocampogibraltar.com/6-tenebro/5-heridas.html]here [/link] (attention, the images are strong)
Old 07-26-2010, 06:49 PM
DJLaPalme

Man that was nasty. It shows that we may look at these as toys, but the potential is there for some major trauma. We can never stress safety enough. It only takes a nano-second and it is too late. About 30 years ago I had my BSB blow off my dads pump house. I reached out to catch it and got bit by the prop. Yes it was running. Lucky for me it was a wood prop. It cut the end of my thumb off and cut me several times down the thumb and palm of my right hand. I was home on leave from the NAVY and no one was home. I left a trail of blood from my dads lake into his garage where there was a sink. I grabbed a towel and drove to Patrick A.F.Base, which was aprox. 25 miles from my dads. The Air Force sewed me up and told me I was lucky I did'nt lose the use of my thumb by cutting the nerves. I was very lucky it was'nt an APC or other synthetic prop. I broke the blades off that prop with my thumb. When my mom came home and found all that blood and me gone she freaked out. I hope everyone who plays with these "toys" realizes the dangers and acts in a safe manner. Every time I look at my thumb I remember how lucky I was. Dennis
Old 07-26-2010, 11:42 PM
res3567

GOODNESS!!! Like I said.....it could have been a lot worse....and those disturbing pics confirm.......I hope those people were able to be healed..........back to normal..........
ORIGINAL: carlosam

ORIGINAL: res3567

More accidents with propellers- [link=http://www.aeromodelismocampogibraltar.com/6-tenebro/5-heridas.html]here [/link] (attention, the images are strong)