RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Airboats (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-airboats-246/)
-   -   Forum Access (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-airboats-246/10488769-forum-access.html)

Selph-Inflicted 04-27-2011 05:34 PM

Forum Access

Since RCU changed their forum platform several months back, I have had a hard time accessing the forum here at RCU. The pages rarely load for me. Has anyone else experienced this?

I have deleted my cookies and I still have issues.

rangerfredbob 04-27-2011 08:43 PM

RE: Forum Access

yes, almost every day I have an issue loading the first page, after that it usually loads fine. Usually the top of the page loads and if I go to the classifieds first and let that page load the forums load easier... there's STRANGE bugs with the latest software updates...

Justaddwata 04-27-2011 10:05 PM

I too have issues - I am using Chrome. I will often have to refresh which pushes through the new page quicker. Will check with Admins to see whats being done. New owners are suppose to be masters at this forum stuff but I have yet to be convinced of that.

asmithnc 04-28-2011 02:35 AM

Slow to load...... if it loads.

Selph-Inflicted 04-28-2011 03:42 AM

ORIGINAL: Justaddwata

I too have issues - I am using Chrome. I will often have to refresh which pushes through the new page quicker. Will check with Admins to see whats being done. New owners are suppose to be masters at this forum stuff but I have yet to be convinced of that.
Thanks.

This dilemma keeps me from being able to interact here at RCU. I have also seen a decline in posting since then also, could be because of the issue here.

I use FireFox.

*delete M i k e u p delete* 04-28-2011 03:49 AM

Come to think of it, things just stay like in one mode and don't load or take forever, like they're sending people a message.**** Someone typed, hit the refresh and it just starts allover and just happened and slower than molasses in February, something not right, not to cool.

crispyspa 04-28-2011 10:17 AM

I'm having no issues at all. Pages load quick. Clear your cache, sometimes that helps with random problems.

Firefox: Tools>options>advanced>network tab>clear now.

Chrome: wrench icon (upper right)>under the hood>clear browsing data.

IE: tools>internet options>general tab> browsing history delete button.

gatorich 04-28-2011 05:49 PM

Mine loads up quick too. I use Firefox and I am usually viewing this page on a PC I would not classify as a "ball of lightning" :D.

Argess 04-28-2011 07:51 PM

When I first log in, it's quick. But eventually I'll get to a page that won't load in. Exiting IE and then opening it up and going as direct as I can to that page usually works. Due to the number of people having problems, even though some of them have different symptoms, I'd say the root cause is the RCU site software.

*delete M i k e u p delete* 05-02-2011 11:29 AM

Site is still acting up and takes aloooooong time before it comes in. Now its been that way all day today, i don't know.

Justaddwata 05-02-2011 02:21 PM

I have posted the issue to admins - been a few days with no response.

Not sure what is being done about it but believe me that I feel your pain - my access is anywhere from great to infuriating.

Argess 05-02-2011 03:54 PM

Today was the worst. All I could get was the top page banner for most of the day.