Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

New to outriggers-need help

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

New to outriggers-need help

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2003, 09:19 PM
raycray1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to outriggers-need help

I have had tunnel boats in the past, but I thought I would try a outrigger. I Just bought one off of e-bay that says 40 boss boat.
It does not have a engine,Does the 40 mean I need to get a 40's size motor? Thanks for any advice.
Old 07-30-2003, 03:41 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

An outrigger hydro is not a boat to get into if you don't have experience. If we have to tell you what a 40 means, you might not be ready. Don't take me the wrong way but a 'rigger is a whole new Ballgame. BTW, 40 means the engine size. If you have the bid number or a link to it, I'd like to see it to give you a better idea of what you bought.
A friend of mine is selling .21 sized 'rigger kits and it doesn't come with instructions because he figures that you'd already ought to know what you're doing if you buy one of his boats.
Old 07-30-2003, 07:34 PM
raycray1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have experience in other Tunnels and hydros, I thought maybe I could get some advice from someone that was familiar with riggers.I had a good idea that the 40 was probably the motor size. I figure if I want to get into riggers I have to start somewhere.I appreciate any and all advice that I can get. Thanks Ron -The e-bay auction # is 3140109441.
Old 07-31-2003, 02:44 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I looked it up, it doesn't look to bad. You got it at a pretty decent price. When I saw the name Boss, I had never heard of it until you mentioned it. Today I ran into a posting from a guy in Texas that is selling a Boss Sport 40 hydro among about a dozen others in his collection and thought that maybe oyu got a Sport 40. Anyway, I am just slowly getting into 'riggers myself with a kit that I am producing. I had no input on the design, it was made by an American in Japan with the CAD work done by another in Grand Rapids, Mi. just North of me. I get to do all of the grunt work and some testing of the production kit.
I don't know hwere Plainfield is in Indiana but you are lucky enough that there are a lot of 'riggers racers there that can give you some help.
OK, I just looked it up. Are you on the South side of Indy? If you are, there is a club there that does run a lot of 'riggers, the Indy Model Boat Club. Their runnig site is on the SW side of Indy, not too far from Speedway, close enough to hear the race cars run.