Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

hi newbie here

Old 10-19-2010, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hi newbie here

hi all,

thanks for the forum. so i got my first boat a 36" cyclone and shes a bit slow.

so i was toying with the idea of the joysway offshore vee lite or the joysway offshore warrior but i think that maybe too fast for a begginer like myself. even tho it looks amazing.

what would you guys reccomend getting? i dont wanna get the vee lite and think this is gonna get boring after a while and buy the warrior.?

will the warrior run at a lower speed effectively until im ready to open it up and blast it around.?

also the battery that comes with vee lite is only 1100mah. how big a battery could i put in it without affecting the weight and balance etc.?

also one last question if the boat stops in the middle of a lake or canal or gets caught up in the weeds etc..... what the hell do i do lol. any tips about not getting stuck orrecovering it, i was thinking about using the cyclone as a rescue tug?

sorry too many questions but cant wait for some advice.

thanks all ;-)

</p>
Old 10-19-2010, 02:44 PM

Default RE: hi newbie here

I don't know what else you have available for electric boats on your side of the pond, I will let other guy's from your side shed the light on this one.

But, if those are the only readily available RTR boats you can get without ordering internationally or without paying too much for shipping, after looking at all 3 of them, my one and only pick would be the warrior.
the Cyclone comes with a 540 motor,
the warrior a 480 motor, and the warrior a 3000kv brushless.

if price is not an option, from the same line you could go for the Dragon mini Cat, the Dragon snap or the Dragon Sword.
there is also the Traxxas Titan Brushless but a fair amount more money.

Dan.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:55 AM

Hi Tony,

Just go for one of theboats that you really want.... Even if you think they are too fast now, a little practice and they will be just right before you know it. It's better than spending and spending to get ready for one of those boats and then spend some more when you've quickly outgrown it. I'm not familiar with either boat but if there's a boat that really draws your attention, any boat , go for it! You will be happier with your purchase decision and before you know it you will find ways to make it faster.

The thing is not to settle and get what you really want the first time!

Best Regards,

-Rich.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:01 PM

hi all thanks for your advice. i decided on the warrior lite. had a quick run with her today. nice smooth power increase and runs smooth on still water and looks good. she just likes to turn left when she gets power.