Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

turborix 2.4 tx will not set with forward only esc, pls help!

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

turborix 2.4 tx will not set with forward only esc, pls help!

Old 12-14-2010, 04:53 PM
pmdevlin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turborix 2.4 tx will not set with forward only esc, pls help!

Can anybody please help with this, I have a cheap 2.4 (turborix/flysky) which has been great with my boats that have a reverse esc. I now have a problem, I want to use the tx with a forward only brushed setup boat. This tx is programmable on the pc, so I have eliminated the throttle reverse endpond (its self centre stick), but it will not set, it only sets if I reintroduce the reverse endpoint, put the throttle stick all the way down, it sets, but then if I let go of the stick, it self centres and the motor sets off. There must be a way of sorting this, I cannot do away with self cemntr stick as all the other boats have a reverse esc,

thanks[]
Old 12-15-2010, 09:37 AM
pompebled

Default RE: turborix 2.4 tx will not set with forward only esc, pls help!

Hi PM,

Did you consider a ratchet for that stick?

I have one on my transmitter and use it for speedboats (forward only) and scale boats with reverse alike.
Finding the center/zero point can be a bit fiddly, but it works for me...

Regards, Jan.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:00 PM
pmdevlin

Hi Jan,

yes, it had a ratchet to start with, what I want really is a self centre stick, which I have done, no reverse (the esc is forward only), but it wont set at mid stick, even with the reverse function disabled
Old 12-16-2010, 01:26 PM
pompebled

Hi PM,

If the ESC in question, or the TX at hand, gives you so much 'trouble', why not get another cheap tx/rx set from HC for this boat (and other boats that don't need a selfcentering stick, like a sailboat)?

I've used this one on a speedboat:
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=8338
One antenna parallel under the deck, the second one vertical in a short straw, works like a charm...
Only when running in a straight line away from the transmitter, the spray sometimes interfered with the reception, but generally no problems.

Regards, Jan.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:47 PM
pmdevlin

Hi Jan, thats the exact transmitter I bought!

So, as you are familiar with it, its only going to be used for forward only boats, but, as I am familiar with a self centre stick with my other boats, I wanted it again, just for familiarity reasons

I did the self centre mod by moving the spring and getting rid of the ratchet. It looks like I will have to go back to stock, but wanted a failsafe of a sprung throttle stick to go back to neutral, in the event the stick is knocked and the boat goes motoring off, or starts up on a bench etc. I thought it would have been an easy job, but apparently isnt.

I had a look at this, maybe it will solve the problem?

http://www.sgr.info/usbradio/default.htm

thanks

Paul