Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
which  GAS V is best??? >

which GAS V is best???

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

which GAS V is best???

Old 08-07-2003, 12:23 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which GAS V is best???

best boat???

is this boat:
http://www.hobbyexpress.com/hobbyx/rc-prb2000.html

or this boat a better boat??

http://www.whobbies.com/gator.htm

im leaning towards the gator because it has the 30cc for torque and it is cheaper, and it is aircooled and im going to be in salt water most of the time so thats less to go wrong... post your opinion

im not getting a boat right away but i would like to get one someday this year
Old 08-07-2003, 10:34 PM

Well, to start with WHH no longer makes the Gator. They only have the Super G now, stands for Super Gator. It has an aircooled G23 Zenoah. Great boat from everything I'm reading. I'm considering buying one in the next week or two. Don't have any info on the Shockwave.

You might want to consider what I'm doing. Looking for a good used boat from an experienced modeler. I have found a couple of really!!!! sweet boats for hundreds less than you can buy them new. Plus all the kinks are worked out.
Old 08-07-2003, 11:37 PM
My Feedback: (34)

Cat 500 is giving sound advise!!!!!! Look around and chances are you will find a very good boat used that will fill the bill and be something you can modify and build on if you decide to race. The SG at WHH is not in the picture for that versitility .

Curt
Old 08-08-2003, 12:03 AM

well then can someone point me in the direction of where i can find a aircooled 25 - 30cc deep v that is rtr and has no problems for $100's less? any info appreciated

btw i will NOT be racing i want something cheap and reliable to drive around, not some screaming crap box that i have to fix everytime i start it
Old 08-08-2003, 12:37 AM

What screaming crap box are you referring to. Mine is a 1/12 Miss Bud nitro. P.O.S.

Go to Jims RC Boat Dock and check out the "for sale or wanted" section of the forum. There are some killer deals in there.
Old 08-08-2003, 12:38 AM

If your not going to race the Super G may be right up your alley
Old 08-08-2003, 12:51 AM

ok ill take a look.... i may go for the super g if i get the extra money... i was saying i dont want a screaming piece of crap as i mean i dont want some boat that is for racing and flies but will blow up every week and need to be rebuilt alot and is finiky and way over powered... i just want a big boat to drive around not fast but not slow... 30 mph sounds great to me... ill see what happens with my ek4 and rustler and that will determine what i get..... also what do you think shipping will run me on these things??

id trade my ek4 for one but i want one with pics.. i got an offer but he has no pics i dont want to trade big stuff like this with no pics... so if you know someone with a boat who wants an ek4 drop me a line
Old 08-08-2003, 04:28 AM
My Feedback: (48)

Super G.

Got one. Love it. Am sold on it. I'm a believer in this boat for a starter in gas.

My only real regret is the G230rc engine. Its aircooled and takes up a lot of space in the boat. Thats it.

If you order the package ARTR (add radio), you're looking at a good hour if you hurry to get it water ready. I took my time and did things right.

Its been tested with several props and stock exhaust.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...627&forumid=43

The one that came with it p275 has been the ticket so far though I've got two new ones to try out. (G20 & 1670) Along with a Cooper pipe. Sounds much better over the stock exh though it looks strange..

Best speed has been 38+. Need to dail in the pipe and try the other Props out, but I'm pleased for a box stock boat. Not modded, just a plain boat.

Tell folks how much you paid for it and it'll get their attention even more especially with the performane.

Damn, I'm not making a .01 for the ad either.

VID.
Take the time to download the Nokia player (you can delete it off later)
http://pages.infinit.net/flyercan/]