Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
I Need An Airboat!!!!!!!! >

I Need An Airboat!!!!!!!!

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

I Need An Airboat!!!!!!!!

Old 08-07-2003, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Need An Airboat!!!!!!!!

Hi Everyone,

I have been flying rc airplanes for a couple years now and i enjoy boating (full size). I was looking for a way to combine the 2 and airboats seemed to be a good idea.
I know that im probabyly asking for trouble but i have a ys 91 still in the box that i would love to use. i was wondering if someone could tell me if their is an airboat in this size range. I have been looking for some time and the most are in the 40-60 range. So any info would be helpfull. I suppose i could build one but i would prefer it to actually work

THANK YOU!!
Old 08-07-2003, 09:30 PM

Dumas BIG SWAMP BUGGY is made for up to a .60 but it does handle .90 engines just fine.

All you have to do is put weight (stick-on lead) in the sponsons to keep the CG lower. And use longer motor mount side plates so that the bigger prop doesnt' hit the hull.

.90s make it awesome to run on grass and snow.
Old 08-07-2003, 10:05 PM

I was thinking obout the big swamp buggy but someone told me that the tork of a powerfull 91 4 Stroke will just flip the thing.
As for the clearence i can just use a 3 bladed.
Old 08-08-2003, 06:19 PM

Default AquaCraft Air Force

I suggest the AquaCraft Air Force, it rocks i have gone through several boats and like you have flown planes all my life, and still do, but that engine may or maynot work, however you can get this boat RTR fully loaded for 229.00 at tower hobbies, or boat alone you furnish the radio and engine for like 99.00 it rocks i love it, please see our lengthy post in this same forum titled after this boat. i have been running many tests including propr changes and have recently ordered a 60 sized engine to put on it, this would equate to your 90 4 stroke... so it may just work...
the best feature is the rudder being in the water this thing turns much better than most airboats using solely the rudders...

WeaseLPhD
Old 08-09-2003, 03:54 AM

can'tfly@all

you may want to think about building one, www.rcstore.com has plans for a gator airboat to build, this thing is huge and i am your 90 will work just fine on this monster.

if you are willing to get the plans and build it.

sporty
Old 08-09-2003, 03:57 AM

Default gator

Gatorbate
Here's a surface vehicle that clears out critters of all kinds; build it in any size you want from the grid scale drawing, and use any engine from .049. All-plywood construction; uses a 2-channel radio. Designed by Jim Simpson and Bud Cooley. Length 13"; 1 sheet. LD1
$ 14.95
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100345_33098.jpeg
Views:	3
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	56876  
Old 08-09-2003, 01:13 PM

The more i see of them the more i am sure that i will build one and that onw looks pretty good!
im just not so sure about mounting a big four stroke on a boat rated for 60!
Old 08-09-2003, 02:34 PM

since you can built it bigger the way the plans claim. then you should be able to build it big enough to accomadate that engine size.

sporty
Old 08-09-2003, 03:47 PM
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

A four stroke .90 is a common replacement for a .60 2 cycle engine. Should fit the bill nicely!!