Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
 Zippkits V-box, with cabin cruiser superstructure. >

Zippkits V-box, with cabin cruiser superstructure.

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Zippkits V-box, with cabin cruiser superstructure.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:59 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Zippkits V-box, with cabin cruiser superstructure.

Its another idea, or project I think would be cool.

I am helping a buddy with his Dauntless, and I would like some sort of a scalish looking boat to take out with that boat. Unfortunately there is no kit for Aphrodite "DANGIT"

I was kind of thinking I might inevent a new cabin cruiser, or take some lines from another classic boat.

I have a I-box from Zippkits, and it was such a great building and working boat, Not to mention the price....I decided to buy a V-box with the deeper V for my eventual project.

I would be REALLY interested in any pics you guys would share of boats YOU like that would be a inspiration, or model to imitate...I am thinking more of the wooden classics than newer glass type boats ..

I hope some of you have some suggestions... I will want to be able to get the motor completely inside for better looks.. It would be fun to put a 4 stroke in it... but I doubt there will be room.

I will be running a lower power weed eater, this won't be a racer.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:59 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Zippkits V-box, with cabin cruiser superstructure.

It could be done with a little work. The radio box could be shortened then the servo's laid down to help give you some more open area in the rear. That part could be used as a tanning deck if you'd like something like that. The cabin area could be about any style that you'd like but make it removable for easy access to the engine. A mohagany veneered foredeck would really jazz it up and some home-made railings. Scale navigation lights or any lighting would be cool for sundown running.
A clutched engine with a vacuum-operated water pump would be a must for driving at scale-like speeds. Run the exhaust through the transom for scale-like sound and that cool gurgling at low speeds.
Get it done and looking good then send Joe at Zippkits some shots. He might just feature it on his site!