Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
 miss vegas deuce .18 motor >

miss vegas deuce .18 motor

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

miss vegas deuce .18 motor

Old 07-06-2011, 03:38 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default miss vegas deuce .18 motor

ok so i started the engine monday and it quit abruptly and the main shaft wont turn ie piston. ripped it apart found the connecting pin inside between main and piston rod was broken off and the bottom of the case was cracked. im giving up on nitro completely this thing has only given me 3 or 4 good runs the nitro that is. so i took out the elecs from the spartan as the drive cable in it are junk, made a motor mount from aluminum angle etc etc took her out and i was busting 42-45 mph . it finally is a no headache fun boat to run and it looks good doing it. my question is does any1 have suggestions about making a plexi cover to surround the components to keep water out? also the flex cable between motor and tube shows about 2 inches im thinking this might be a problem in the future. should i shorten flex cable and move motor forward? or unglue tube and install a longer one? is there any advantage or disadvantage to a shorter or longer cable? the motor came in after 3 minutes of wot runs around 128 f and esc and lipos were around 100 f. any help is appreciated thanx.</p>
Old 07-10-2011, 08:32 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: miss vegas deuce .18 motor

The disadvantage to having the stuffing tube too short is cable whip. You have to keep it under control otherwise it can do some nasty stuff like twist and/or flare the tube badly then you will have to replace it. I've seen it happen and it ain't pretty.