Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Radical Idea

Old 07-25-2011, 10:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radical Idea

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 14px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 1px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 1px; ">I've got a Yamaha WaveRunner and I've been considering the Great Planes Seawind seaplane fow a while since I live on a lake, but I decided against the plane for no reason in particular, it just didn't seem exciting enough for me; no 3D etc.

Well I was out on my jet ski the other day and I was giving a friend of mine a chance at the driver seat while I sat in the back. Back there it struck me; the passenger could be flying a seaplane or driving a RC boat to race the driver of the jet ski. I would just need to waterproof my transmitter.

Are there any seaplanes or boats out there that could keep up with a 60-70 mph jet ski?

I also posted this thread in the seaplane forum.<br type="_moz" /></span>
Old 07-26-2011, 01:34 AM

Default RE: Radical Idea

there are rc boats out there that do those speeds and more. I think you would reach those speeds much easier with a electric boats but there are gas boats that get there as well.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:37 AM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

There are plenty of boats able to run in that speed range.

The old "Safety" flag gets raised though - while there are a few videos of people running RC boats next to full sized boats - the ability to control and possible loss of control (especially should you inadvertently find yourself in the water) makes what your wanting to try sound particularly dangerous. Boats capable of such speeds are not the kind of boats you want to be in the water with. A jet boat (with no propeller) is one thing (though still dangerous) but they are not really capable of much more than 30mph.

Personally I would stick with enjoying the waverunner - I would think that is enough fun on its own!!
Old 07-26-2011, 06:40 AM

I hear ya, I also wan't considering how much a little chop can affect a tiny boat at those speeds.<div>
</div><div>What are your thoughts on doing it with a seaplane though?</div>