Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
 Bought another gamma ray (have specs) Any ideas anybody? >

Bought another gamma ray (have specs) Any ideas anybody?

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Bought another gamma ray (have specs) Any ideas anybody?

Old 09-11-2011, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought another gamma ray (have specs) Any ideas anybody?

I was searcing and found another Radio Shack Gamma Ray I may do this one all electric and use the stock shaft and upgrade the motor. Not sure if I have to upgrade the shaft also. If you guys have any ideas for me please throw them out. Ill have pics up soon inside and out once it comes in the mail. Here are some specs I found researching.

The boat weighs three pounds. It is about 20" long, has a rounded 18 degree V that runs an 1/8th inch straight-shaft, immersed 1.5" in dia. prop. The strut, 5/8th inches ahead of the prop, fills the space between the shaft and the hull and is 7/16 inches wide. The shaft ang is a 3/8th inches vertically space between the tip of the prop and the hull. The strut has a 1/16 wide skeg below the shaft that I am soon to rem inches behind the prop. The motor is 7.2 volts, air-cooled, not geared down that I can tell, and powered by a stock, 3000 milliamp battery pack. (balances at 40%) and planes off with ease with little bow lift.

This was on some other forum back in 03' so seems like this dude knows what he's saying. I wanna make this little thing haul ass!! Let me know if you got some ideas

Josh