Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

LaTrax LTX-30

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 12:45 PM
Nightow1
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LaTrax LTX-30

Ok I'm looking to buy a LaTrax RC Boat LTX-30 I use to have one when I was a kid and had some great memories playing with it. It's in great condition but needs some electronic work. Here is what I want to make it look like when I'm done. Just like the one my farther gave me. I know you cant put a price on memories but what are they worth these days? Not bad I won it for $37.50 shiped.. good deal i THINK.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Old 12-13-2011, 09:22 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: LaTrax LTX-30

You really don't see those around much anymore but I just happen to know a guy who was looking for some and ended up with too many! I saw him at the local swap meet last year and had some for sale. I'm kind of embarrassed to say that I remember his first name is Dave and has a Polish last name and lives at Austin Lake in Portage, MI.
I can do some looking around as I know of one forum site that he hung out at for a while and used a screen name of Austin Lake.

A lot of people don't know that LaTrax had their name changed to a now more familiar one, Traxxas.
What info that I can dig up for you, I'll send through a PM.
As far as what they go for, a lot would depend on the condition and how complete it is. They used the old Futaba "box" transmitter with their name on it and in a different color, silvery gray I think.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:10 AM
Nightow1

<xml><w:worddocument><w:view></w:view><w:browserlevel></w:browserlevel></w:worddocument></xml><xml><w:latentstyles latentstylecount="156" deflockedstate="false"></w:latentstyles></xml><style type="text/css"> Style Definitions */table.MsoNormalTable{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;mso-style-noshow:yes;mso-style-parent:"";mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;mso-para-margin:0in;mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;mso-pagination:widow-orphan;font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-ansi-language:#0400;mso-fareast-language:#0400;mso-bidi-language:#0400;}</style>

This one came complete with all original electronics, including the metal square remote. Got a great deal on it. No sure if the remote and electronics’ work yet, but I have a friend who is builds boards for a living and If anyone can get it working he can. I would like to keep it Original and get it running. The paint and boat itself are in mint condition.

Also any information you could provide would be great, Thanks for the reply. If you find this friend let him knows I would like to have a few lying around for parts if he has any scraped out.

Thank you,Merry Christmas

Old 12-14-2011, 06:11 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I sent him a PM last night after posting here so I'm waiting for a reply right now.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:14 PM
Nightow1

www.ebay.com/itm/160694560312

Some pix of my new old boat. I realy love this thing brings back a lot of great memories...
Old 12-14-2011, 04:59 PM
Nightow1

www.ebay.com/itm/140658275849

Every time I turn around I seem to find a boat from my childhood.. I just bought this off E-bay a early 90's PARMA SKI TIGER. It's in great condition and runs, so a little touch up work and some paint and my youth is reborn.

$65.36 Shipped Worth every penny to me...

[/b]