Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Receiver Battery

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Receiver Battery

Old 11-25-2013, 07:34 PM
cotman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Receiver Battery

Bought a SkyFly FS-GT3B transmitter and went to bind it using the receiver that came with the radio. I was using a 6V battery and it would not work. Put a 4.8V in the receiver and it worked fine. Is this the voltage you have to use or am I doing something wrong. Thanks all
Old 11-27-2013, 05:55 PM
racer504
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem with a couple of their receivers. Check the voltage on your 6v pack. Sky Fly states the voltage max is 6.5 v for their receivers. The last time I had this issue mine worked fine at 6v but not 6.8v. This is the only problem I have seen with my receivers (I have several) I usually run them on an 11.1 Lipo with a regulator set to 6v. This particular receiver was working fine on a LIFE battery which measured 6.6v but I let it go dead and it never recovered. Tried a 6v NIMH pack(6.8v) on it and it never did work. Went to a 6v Alkaline pack and it was fine. I have since run it several times on the alkaline pack with no issues.