Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Another new member

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Another new member

Old 12-27-2013, 05:24 AM
Reub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Another new member

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,
My name is Reuben and i live in Cheshire in the UK, across the pond from most of you.

I am not an experienced pilot, not even owned a boat before, unemployment has now given me the time to do something i have always wanted to do.
I am planning on building a PT boat from scratch, what model? No idea yet, I have various plans which are vague so it will also give me time to get back on Autocad to refresh my skills and design one from scratch. With it being my first build I am looking at building one about 30-40" in length.

As i have also mentioned I am a total newbe to building and sailing so I could be asking quite a lot of questions.
The only thing i have in my favour is that i have a degree in mechanical engineering...

Thanks for taking your time to read what i have put and I look forward to posting pictures, sharing plans i create and gaining experience from all of you guys.

Regards,

Reuben
Old 12-27-2013, 01:03 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Welcome to the site. The members in the Scael boating forum could be of better help to you. They can also let you know which kits of the PT boat are best and most accurate along with where to find all of the hardware and fittings needed to help you complete it on your side of The Big Pond.