Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Surge Crusher

Old 02-09-2014, 03:36 AM
monstertails

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Surge Crusher

I just picked up the Surge Crusher from hobby king today and I was wondering if anyone can tell me a good website to get spare parts for this thing? Are any of the parts interchangeable with other boats? I don't see much out there parts wise? I am new to boats, I fly copters and always wanted to get into boats so any help would be great!! Thanks
Old 02-09-2014, 04:47 PM
Tidnab
My Feedback: (51)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hobby King has some parts for it. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...oat_Parts.html
Old 02-10-2014, 04:27 AM
monstertails

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you,
I must have over looked that one. Now the only thing that scares me is that i dont see a drive shaft for it, I wonder if that is something that is universal and if i get the specs, can use one from another boat?
Old 02-10-2014, 07:27 AM
Tidnab
My Feedback: (51)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

There's drive shafts on these pages,but it doesn't say what they're for. If you call customer support at 1-800-607-5803 maybe they could tell you. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...oat_Parts.html
Old 02-10-2014, 12:25 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

It's in the kit but from what I see in the pictures is that they failed to have any gap between the drive dog and the strut. You're going to need at least a 1/8" gap there so that you don't break the cable from wind-up.