Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

airboat vs deep v

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

airboat vs deep v

Old 03-21-2014, 01:33 AM
bonezsz90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default airboat vs deep v

aye, I'm having a hard time deciding on what I should get I'm new to rc boating and it will be my first boat. I don't know if I should go with a nitro airboat or a gas deep v. I like the monuverability of the airboat but the gas deep v seems so much faster. anyone wanna Chime in from experience of the two?
Old 03-22-2014, 09:38 PM
bonezsz90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry for the lack of details but here's 2 boats I'm looking at. trying to find the better deal. the Challenger is basically brand new but I'm not sure how exceed is. and the, airboat is fairly new but the motor he doesn't know the age but says it runs great its a .91, here's the links if I can get some help please Someone.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/261428862556

http://neworleans.craigslist.org/tag/4370070299.html
Old 03-23-2014, 05:04 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Deep vee all the way but dont buy a RTR build your own from a bare hull and parts,airboats spend more time upside down than rightside up.Just my opinion but a deep vee will be more reliable and much faster depending on what motor etc.Not sure where your from so not sure whats available to you.The boat you linked has nothing more than a weed whacker engine with a cooling cap added,1.5 hp if your lucky and very slow,get a stock zen 3.5 hp out of the box with a tuned pipe or an rcmk evo arround 5 hp or the new tiger king engine any of these will push a decent hull into the mid 40s maybe 50s with some tuning and experimenting with props etc.
Mart

Last edited by martno1fan; 03-23-2014 at 05:08 AM.