Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Brand new to an old favorite.. villian ex.. help?

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Brand new to an old favorite.. villian ex.. help?

Old 03-24-2014, 03:30 PM
Chameleon1204

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brand new to an old favorite.. villian ex.. help?

I recently aquired a villian ex. it started in rough shape, but all the parts weemed in good shape (no chaffing on gears either!!). My question is this:

I put a motor cooling kit onto the boat and noticed 2 hose nipples.. on the output shaft inboard... just after the gearing. I have no idea what they would be for unless maybe an auto-oiler for the shaft and bushing. Can anyone help me?

Perplexed boat newbie

ps: 20 years in cars and planes; brand new to boats. so dont be afraid to use technical terms.. if I don't understand, I'll either look it up or ask.

Thanks
Old 03-26-2014, 05:06 PM
Chameleon1204

Maybe I didn't describe this correctly. on the prop shaft bushing holders near the motors, there are 2 (one on each shaft) attachments for water lines (I think). I am wondering what perpose these 2 access lines are for... are they sump pump line attachments?.. or are they oilers for the bushing?... or something else?

Please help.

PS: I would attach a pic if I could, but lack the knowledge to do so.
Old 03-29-2014, 12:26 PM
sportygreg
My Feedback: (2)

I would say they are grease fittings as there is no need for water lines to connect with the shaft tubes.These were common on Graupner boats with solid shafts.Probably meant to save you the trouble of removing the shafts to grease them.
Old 03-29-2014, 02:16 PM
Tombsy

Yes they are grease fittings, it came with silicon in a squeeze bottle to lube the shafts. There was an optional bottle you could mount inside and connect to both fittings. I have one also so if you have any questions I can try to help.