Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Props, propshaft and ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Props, propshaft and ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 05:46 AM
cral

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Props, propshaft and ?

Hi, I'm not quite sure if this is the correct forum, but speed - electric, seems to be about speedboats, and rc scale, to be about scale boats. This isn't either.

I'm planning to build a slow going "large" rc boat out of pvc pipes.

For steering I would like to use two engines, and change the throttle to go port and starboard.

I have bought these engines: http://www.ebay.com/itm/221030708367

But I'm stuck at trying to find the gear I need. I need some propellers, i guess it would be best with a pair of left and right going props?
And I guess i need some kind of a drive/propeller shaft, and something for them to go through the hull.

Any ideas for a parts which fits?

Regards

Carl
Old 04-09-2014, 01:38 PM
mfr02

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

I just did a google for "model boat prop shaft" and got many pages of them. I suspect that the same will be true of props and couplers. You have got geared motors. The normal rule of thumb for matching prop size to motor is that the prop diameter should not exceed the motor diameter. Since there is no indication of motor power or gearing ratio, prop sizing is pure guesswork, but "big" will probably be right, 75mm or maybe more.