Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Looking for custom purpose boat

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Looking for custom purpose boat

Old 09-24-2014, 07:04 PM
rcasia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for custom purpose boat

Hello all!

Great forum, looking for my first RC boat. It will be used exclusively for fishing. I fish in very warm tropical waters, and want to use this get right parallel to lines of surf and other dangerous areas where I would not want to take my 46 ft sailboat. It will have a heavy duty short mast and line release. This will be a much heavier setup than the ones I see on the market for bass fishing. If you know fishing, I will be running tuna gear with it 80-lb class rods and dynema braided lines. Hoping to get some recommendations on a specific model, or a modified model that could work.

Very happy to look at any used boat that might be on the market and fit the bill.

Design requirements:

Speed control from 1.5 knots up to 9 knots (1.8 to 10.4 mph) -boat unloaded
High capsize resistance in steep chop, maybe a catamaran best
Salt water operation without corrosion problems
Approximate 60 minutes run time at 5 knots speed
Watertight construction, able to survive repeated rolling in the surf
Durable enough to take hitting rocks in the surf
Props protected from light weeds
Range should be 300 ft+
No too dang expensive
** Able to pull a static line load of 8 ounces from a mast 10 inches up from the water at a speed of 6 knots
** Able to pull the same load through s-turns without capsize in choppy conditions (lower speed)

Whew that is a lot to ask!

Thanks in advance for any input
Old 09-24-2014, 07:17 PM
rcasia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another note- it would be really nice to have a self-righting boat for this job. I think this rules out cats. Maybe limit the top end speed quite a bit?

The boat is not designed to tow the fish in. The line must release from the towing point on the mast after a sharp tug from either the fish, or the rod.