Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

New to RC boating

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

New to RC boating

Old 09-29-2014, 09:28 AM
pilotflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to RC boating

Hi guys,

I'm looking to get into RC boating. I've looked at some boats on amazon and eBay but i'm not sure where to start. I'm looking for something in the $100 price range that is electric and not too fast, but fast enough to be fun. Can someone point me in the right direction and if you have any tips please share.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:38 AM
Apismelifera

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're not going to get much performance from a go fast type of boat for that price range. If you can squeeze out a few more bucks I see where quite a few people are liking this one a lot. -> Atomik Barbwire RTR Brushless RC Boat <- A few have reported speeds just over 25 MPH with a small portable GPS unit temporarily placed inside. Read about it here: http://www.amazon.com/Atomik-Barbwir...rbwire+rc+boat

Hopefully a few other people will also post a reply to your question here as well.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:50 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

AquaCraft has a few boats in the $100.00 range. You're better off buying something that you can get parts for as opposed to Toy Dept. boats as those have no life and when sometihng does go wrong you might as well toss them in the trash.
Amazon and eBay aren't really the best places to buy an RC boat.