Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Fuji BT-24 gas motor questions..

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Fuji BT-24 gas motor questions..

Old 12-02-2014, 10:07 AM
skylane42
My Feedback: (53)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fuji BT-24 gas motor questions..

I am looking a buying a Aquacraft boat with a Fuji BT-24 1.5 ci (23.9cc)
motor. The owner says the motor starts and runs but he can`t seem to get it tuned. Does anyone have any advice, info etc on this motor?
Thanks..
Old 12-03-2014, 12:19 AM
w3bby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take the motor out of the boat, take it to the nearest lake and throw it as far as you can.... Return home buy a Zenoah or RCMK and mount in boat....

Sorry but that's the easiest and most practical solution.
Old 12-03-2014, 05:20 AM
skylane42

thanks,, LOL
Old 12-03-2014, 08:22 AM
Tidnab
My Feedback: (51)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You could make a lamp out of it.At least it wouldn't polute the lake and kill the fish.
Old 12-03-2014, 09:14 AM
skylane42

The guy I am buying the boat from says the motor runs but he just could not get it dialed in... he only had it on the water 3 times so I am thinking he just did not break the motor in yet. You guys really don`t like this motor and I can understand. My issue is that I really don`t want to spend $300 on another motor. I am ok with the boat not being the fastest and all that. Just looking to have some fun on the water. But, who knows, maybe the motor will just turn into a anchor... LOL>
Old 12-04-2014, 02:27 AM
w3bby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately you are going to end up spending money on this boat (Break Out Another Thousand) anyway. If it is the V24 then it has known problems with the drive system as well. A Zenoah will cost around $220. The exhaust that comes with the boat you should be able to use.
Depending on the price of the boat I would maybe look elsewhere for a better overall deal. Places like Jim's Boat Dock, MGB.com and even here can have better deals available.
Old 12-04-2014, 05:18 AM
skylane42

he wants $100 for the boat
Old 12-04-2014, 04:42 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

He called me yesterday and I told him pretty much the same thing that you guys have. For a C-note with everything including radio system wasn't a bad price even if he gutted it and ran the hull over in the driveway. It does have a crack in the tank but I told him that I can set him up with an IV bag system.
We can get Zen's new for around $200.00 or a Zippkits engine for $185.00 but he'd rather see if he can get it running well enough to sell it at a swap meet in January.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:37 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

As I remember - the Fuji24's were pretty notorious for having problems - most memorable being the exhaust manifold breaking off the head. The recommendation of tossing into the lake has been pretty longstanding for this powerplant. I cannot say I remember if the problems were fully rectified. And lucky me - I have 2 that I have never fired!!
Old 12-09-2014, 05:58 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

The exhaust cracking away from the case was a problem with pipe alignment going through the transom, putting stress on it there. Mike "GrimRacer" Zaborowski showed a modification to the transom to fix that issue but still that motor doesn't really make a good paperweight it's so bad.
Bill, give me a call if you still need any help with it. I'm up late also if you want to talk after you get out of work some night.
Old 12-09-2014, 06:38 PM
skylane42

Ron, I went thru the boat and did some cleaning and tightening. I found that the throttle servo arm was not letting the throttle go all the way open. I greased up the flex shaft and other parts of the drive train. The only thing that has me wondering is that the lock nut on the flex shaft to the motor does not see to really grab the flex shaft end. I thought about cutting a small slit in the ferrel to help it compress. I am working on a airplane right now that I want to get more done on it so I am laying off the boat for now. I did send a email to hobbico asking if the fuel tank in the Rio 51 was the same as in the V24. No answer yet. The hatch latch is very poor design. Do you remember the transom mod you mentioned?