Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Model builders beware

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Model builders beware

Old 12-05-2014, 05:19 PM
johnchi54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Model builders beware

IN the past two weeks I had received numerous phone calls from around the country and several from abroad.
Most are asking about a company called Arkmodel/Hooben/Twin Horse hobbies.
FYI Beware
As of today we have compiled a list of people that have had issues with either of the companies. Sadly the reports are true and people have been experiencing serious issues with these companies. I personally know that they are having major issues in Germany, China and the USA andthey have changed the name several times. The owner called William AKA Feng has had serious difficulty delivering on time and serious qaulity issues as well as numerous people taking years to resolve the issues.
AS I know him and they were even guests in my home for an extended period of time I have first hand information as I to many stories which we found to be true and not in our favor. After servere loses we helped make many people whole and have disccontinued any future involvement with these companies. For those people that got emails and go to the websites Twin Horse in Springfield Illinois is merely a one desk office with the intent to get Feng into the country and is being investigated by several agencies. After three years of stories we were approached by people in New York and told of the many issues that came to light. Sadly we now are getting many emails and mail weekly asking if they are ok to deal with. The so called inventory they claimed is not true and we have people that waited 18 months only to receive garbage. In March we went to China and met with some of the victoms who invested money but were never paid back. Sadly many people lost thousands and have issues and everyone should be careful. Never pay upfront unless you can either wait or persue the company and in China you have little or no recourse. What you get will be full of excuses and lacking parts and the supplies/
In one case alone a client was charged 1800 USD only to wait well over a year and the ship he received was junk. He was lucky and made whole by my efforts. Model building should be fun and being a avid model builder I know what a bad vendor is as I have had my share of companies stiff me or go out of business. There are many good companies like HArbor models or Mack Products and Loyalhanna. If you have a problem join the list to insure that our hard earned dollars are not wasted be careful and if you cant see it or it comes from a source you dont know beware. Websites are great sources but check out the company. There are many forums you can see and find the right way to spend your money. The greatest thing about this story is I now know over thirty more avid model ship builders who are friends. One issue maybe an issue but 40 plus are a serious issue.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:31 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I am curious - who are you? why is it you are the recipient of "numerous phone calls from around the country and several from abroad".

In a quick search I found one old thread with some complaints about arkmodel not delivering - but the most recent post was 2008.

By all means we welcome additional information about a company who is taking orders for products they are not delivering - but it helps if we know the source of such complaints.
Old 12-09-2014, 06:27 AM
johnchi54

If you like I can call you or you are free to call me at 312 2171140
Old 12-09-2014, 11:59 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Was not looking to call anyone - just asking who you are. RCU site rules require all members to identify any affiliations they may have as well as any relevant business interests. It sounds like you are in the business. May afford us a better idea as to who is providing us this warning since you are a relatively new and anonymous member.

For the record - I am Matt - the Moderator

If you are a manufacturer, vendor, sponsored representative, retailer or the like for an r/c related company or product you must specifically identify yourself and the particular affiliation in your signature. Any member affiliated with a company not identifying themselves as such is at risk of revocation from RCU. This is identified, but not limited to a member who gains anything financially whether in cash, product, discount or the like. ~ http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rcu-rules-posting-65/377662-rcu-community-rules-updated-april-22-2009-a.html
Old 12-09-2014, 02:06 PM
johnchi54

I have first hand knowledge because we were the distributors for Arlmodel with a the company called Twin Horse. Since most people know me for the past 40 years and have also been burned by Arkmodel and after many calls I thought that this should be written as a potential issue for other people. Feng has a history in three countries of not living up to his agreements. You will also find many other forums abroad with similar issues. I think what you do is very important to the industry and I can assure you that because people know me I am one of the first they call. My wife and I sponsor events and try to help this industry grow. You will also find that all of arkmodels entries are self written by him or firends to promote himself as he has uses this media as advertising and self promotions. I sincerely want this industry to grow and prosper with no gain to me other than passing knowledge onto model builders. My company Midwest industries builds governmental projects and my name is John. I am tahnkful for your concern.