Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

where would I find this type of RC motor?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

where would I find this type of RC motor?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 09:07 AM
patentguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where would I find this type of RC motor?

Would anyone be so kind to educate me on the type of motor I attached pictures of? I am not sure if this is a common motor or not common at all. It is approximately 20mm in diameter and I believe it is designed to get wet as the rotor assembly is completely sealed.

Any insights are appreciated, even if it to tell me to try posting this in a different sub forum.

Thank you!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060025.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	2056225   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060014.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	2.05 MB
ID:	2056226  
Old 12-19-2014, 12:04 PM
mfr02

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

It looks like a brushless motor, judging by the three wires. The shaft carries the magnet, the three coils live in the casing. You will need a brushless ESC to make it work.
Old 12-20-2014, 10:50 AM
coriolan

This is most likely some industrial brushless motor, it is a non-sensored design so it will work with a regular brushless esc. Unless there is some marking on it to identify the source its hard to tell what Kv and voltage, do you actually have it or is the picture from the net?
Maybe someone in that forum might have more: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/brus...ar-drives-123/

Last edited by coriolan; 12-20-2014 at 10:55 AM.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:37 PM
patentguy

Hello,

Thank you for the replies. Yes I actually have it. I am most curious about the motors ability to get wet and still function. The actual specs are not that critical to the project I have planned if I can find something similar. Yes, it is definitely sensorless.
Old 12-31-2014, 01:55 AM
mfr02

Using underwater is largely a matter of ensuring that the grease in the bearings if waterproof, and that there is no chance whatsoever that any bare metal that might have contact with the internal electrics can come in contact with the water. This is many more times more important in salty water, not from the point of electrocution, but from the chance of electrolytic corrosion. Of course, with immersion, there is always the problem of corrosion, but this usually just becomes a problem after it comes out of the water, when the air gets to it.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:49 PM
patentguy

Thank you, does anyone know where I can find something similar?
Old 01-07-2015, 02:31 AM
mfr02

Brushless motors and their associated controllers are a large and growing segment of the model world. Try googling for "brushless model motor". I did, but being in the UK I got most hits from UK sites, you might get a different and more appropriate set. You will probably find the Wiki entry, a read of this will help you figure out just what you are looking for as regards size, shape and performance.
Old 03-13-2015, 03:14 AM
canabus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Patentguy
Hobbyking is good place for brushless motors, ESC's(speed controllers),Lipo batteries.
The prices are very good!!!