Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Prop help

Old 12-24-2014, 10:39 AM
bucsbw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prop help

I was seeking advice on the right prop for my son's Aquacraft Motley Crew. I wanted to put a three bladed prop on this boat and need advice on the right sized and pitched prop for my son's application as well as where to buy. About my son's setup. The boat has a 1800 kv brushless motor and a 60 amp speed controller. the boat runs on 4s and has a .150 flex shaft with a drivedog and lock nut. The boat also currently runs with the cheap plastic 42 mm two bladed prop. Again, I would rather run a three bladed prop. I have a post in the speed-electricthread, but noone is answering, and I have tries to get ahold of Chris at Fine Design, to no avail, so I am seeking the expertise of the people here.
Old 12-28-2014, 02:22 AM
mfr02

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

The generally accepted wisdom is that fewer blades = faster boat, so, two being the normal minimum, fast models use two blade props. This one - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeALR1aVp0I - seems to go OK.
Old 01-04-2015, 09:31 PM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Contact Steve at offshoreelectrics.com he will set u up with the best prop that won't hurt the motor or esc