Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Rio 51z vs super g

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Rio 51z vs super g

Old 01-10-2015, 05:27 AM
Powerpooper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rio 51z vs super g

This is my my first post here big fan of the site I am whating to get a gas boat and stuck in between the rio 51z or super g I like the rio due to the fact comes ready to run with transmitter and got a cowl (that's just me) or the super g I see a lot off people get pointed in the super g direction only thing I'm worried about the rio is the stringers coming out didn't know was that just a certain year or just all around 800 for the super or 750 for the rio so same price what's y'all comments or input on both
matt
Old 01-10-2015, 07:47 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

OK, you can inhale now. I'm thinking that you can now get the Super G through Bonzi' as he got prety much everything when Tony Castronovo retired from the business.Mike Zaborowski and I are old friends but with those two boats I'd go with the Super G. The lay-up is heavier so it'll take a good beating. The Rio's driveline to me is a little weird and not all that dependable so points lost there.The first gen Rio's had problems with the Fuji 28 and the exhaust was misaligned which broke the exhaust flange off on the block. Yes, problems with the engine rails not being put in very well was also a big issue.How the Super G's are now with Bonzi' making them I don't know as I haven't heard anything since they took over.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:13 PM
Powerpooper

Ok I would like to find a used super so take a little bite off the price I do like the rio but the problems Kidda put me at a (raise eyebrow) look so I'm just at a holding pattering for now
thanks
Old 01-10-2015, 09:13 PM
mysteryrc

There is a new Rio 51 on Jims for $450.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:17 PM
mysteryrc

Nothing wrong with a fuji -28 for a play boat .LOL.The fuji I put in my brothers TMNT boat. http://youtu.be/rUNWozOsBf4 Ran pretty good, but not as good as a zenoah. Have a zenoah in my rio. I enjoy running mi rio.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_000995.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	2.14 MB
ID:	2062903  

Last edited by mysteryrc; 01-10-2015 at 10:26 PM.