Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

need help in finding my first rc boat

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

need help in finding my first rc boat

Old 02-06-2015, 09:41 AM
MadaSnave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help in finding my first rc boat

I want to get my first rc boat. The reason is i want to use it to take out my fishing line to the channel on the local lake. range is 300 feet min. but i don't want to have to pay for 50 battery packs just to get through one afternoon of fishing. my budget is under 300. any ideas on what would fit my needs? i have some light weight plastic tubing to use as the carrier of the bait/tackle. and plan on just angling it so that it will only come out when i set the reel to stop letting out line. i am mainly worried about the short battery life on most "cheap" boats. and am having a hard time finding one that isn't just a race boat meant for short burst and low time. any tips or ideas on what would work are appreciated. i would build my own but i don't have much knowledge in electronics.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:54 AM
corky051

Take a look at the tugster at Zippkits.com Quick, simple, and easy to build. everything needed is there, it's well within your budget, and is currently sale priced
Old 02-22-2015, 06:21 AM
FISHFUN
My Feedback: (1)

Have you thought about getting a ready to run boat? For about $100? Regarding batteries a 5000mah lasts 40-50 minutes and is $40 bucks.
Most any good rc boat will work, you just need the rig, a line release, (which you can buy) and put on your boat. $20 bucks.
I have a Traxxas Blast I've used. Its small, but its a good little boat, I had to add a little weatherproofing though. I put "The Rc Fishing Pole" on it.
There's a good video showing a Traxxas Blast, and an AuquaCraft Tug fishing on Youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkWGzLDMs80
Old 02-27-2015, 02:32 AM
canabus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the boat has a brush motor and NiCad batteries it's a 10 minute run time!!!
I brought the same white hull one as below and upgrade to a brushless motor 3639-1100kv with a 5800mah battery.
I get a good hour with is setup.
Note these are sold with two prop setup and to turn one prop stops!!!
In Australia sold by Venom as the Ocean Racer.
I have seen the same hull under a number of different names.
The ABS hull is OK but that's it!!!!!