Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Also in need of a little help selecting a motor

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Also in need of a little help selecting a motor

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 01:53 AM
bushwacked

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Also in need of a little help selecting a motor

Hi all

Ive had this hull kicking around the workshop for the last 20 years and decided the time has finally come to do something with it. Im toying with fitting it out as a Vosper type Mtb, stand off scale only. Im a relative newcomer to electric power and a rank amature with rc boats, having recently returned to Rc after a 10 year break and discovered everything has changed.

I was wondering what sized motor/esc lm likely to need? Ideally ld like something to suit the batterys l already have so 1000/1500/2200 mah. Im not looking for a rocket ship, but enough speed to have a little fun in my local river (the Murray) which can run a decent current at times.

The hull length is approx 28" and width at the transom approx 4.5"

All help greatfully accepted
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	002.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	2072206   Click image for larger version

Name:	003.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	2.06 MB
ID:	2072207   Click image for larger version

Name:	004.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	2072208  

Last edited by bushwacked; 02-11-2015 at 02:31 AM.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:31 AM
canabus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Engine etc

Hi Bushwacked

I am running 33 inch deep vee with 3639-1100Kv electric motor,3S(11.1 volt)5800mah battery, 60A ESC with reverse (car speed controller),battery alarm, Turnigy 6 channel radio with Trackstar TS-400MG rudder servo and 38mm prop (pitch 1.4). All from Hobbyking. The boat is quick. Last weekend I installed a new motor 3648-1450Kv with all the rest the same and the boat insanely fast. Next is upgrade the prop to an alloy 40mm Pitch 1.4.The Radio be ordered with extra receivers for other models (up to 20 models), also the receivers( IA6B) can run voltage, temp and rpm sensors.
P.S. Setting up the motor to the ESC straight connect the centre wire and cross over the other two wires and the motor will run the right way first up!!!

from the heart of Australia,Tasmania
Old 02-23-2015, 04:04 AM
bushwacked

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cheers canabus, just what l was looking for.
Id planned to order from Hobby King anyway (mainly because l already have an account there). The Turnigy 6 channel l already have so it was mainly motor and suitable esc l was looking for. l'll try the 3639-1100 Kv motor with 60 amp esc and prop youve sugeested and see how l go.
Lol if its a bit quick l can always run at half throttle ....... yeah like thats gunna happen

Thanks from a bloke out in the middle of nowhere
Old 02-23-2015, 11:55 PM
canabus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Bushwacked
That's a big dam in the middle of nowhere.
CANBERRA!!!!!!!