Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Propellererea

Old 06-03-2015, 02:18 PM
Timmyfingers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Propellererea

I am building my first radio control model boat.She is my version of the Orca from jaws.When I say my version Iv had to build her from scratch,even tried to draw the plans from a Photo of Pat Trimbles plans and so she's slightly different to the real Orca.Shes a bit longer than the original (the deck looks longer).Anyway I'm quite pleased with my efforts,but now the part that worries me is mounting the motor,fitting the propeller shaft and rudder.First of all from where I imagined the motor would be mounted (under the cabin) it will have to be a very long propeller shaft.The boat is 45 inch long,do propellers and shafts come in long lengths ?.I also have no idea what motor and propeller to use can anyone advise me ?.I also realize I now have to drill a hole diagnally through the bottom of the boat to accommodate the propeller shaft,I'm worried that's not going to be straight forward.As Iv said Iv no idea what I'm doing really just making it up as I go along but I really want to get her finished and in the water.Any advise anyone can give me I would really appreciate it.
cheers Tim.
Old 06-03-2015, 04:04 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

So much for needing a bigger boat!
With a boat that size you really wouldn't have to use long shafts. You can adjust the ride and CG by moving the batteries around. You might have to add ballast to get it at the proper ride height.