Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Weeds!!

Old 07-25-2015, 09:26 PM
hank w

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weeds!!

What's a good way to get those fine little water-weeds out of the Kort Ring props on my tugboat? Right now I'm using medical forceps, and it takes forever, I need a better method. What do you folks use for this?
Thanks in advance!
Hank
Old 07-25-2015, 11:54 PM
mfr02

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Sadly, I think that's about it. The only alternatives that work that I have come across are to either wait until the weed gives up or find a different water. Of course, a privately owned enclosed water of fairly small size can be treated, public water is something else.
Old 07-26-2015, 06:09 AM
hank w

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had better success with a hooked paper clip, and running the prop in reverse with the hook on the shaft. I have some soft alloy left over from the detent project, and am going to try to make a flat hook to go in between the prop and shaft tube and claw the weeds out while turning the prop in reverse. The alloy is softer than the brass prop or the steel shaft, so I don't think it will damage either. I'll polish it upon the sides so it doesn't abrade anything. Hope it works better than forceps.....