Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Miss geico cooling problem

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Miss geico cooling problem

Old 09-06-2015, 09:34 AM
Saltybones6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Miss geico cooling problem

I my name is Guillermo and I have the Miss Geico V3 with an 1800kv motor. I can see water coming out of the outlet and every time I run the boat I run water through the system and make sure there's no water blockage. I was think of finding a dual pickup rudder and possibly bigger hoses. But I'm think that the boat proposing a lot might be inept the problems.

Any help would be awesome.
Thank you
Old 09-06-2015, 12:12 PM
dontrinko

If you see water coming out it should be cooling. make sure the coils are tight on the motor. Even with cooling the motor will eventually get hot. Don
Old 09-06-2015, 02:26 PM
Saltybones6

I do see water and when I'm running the boat at wot I see it spraying fast so it is cooling but the motor is getting really hot. On another note the boat proposing is hurting my speed as well, i am moving the strut up and down and the batteries are as far back as I can go with out cutting the batt. Trays. I'm trying not to blue print but if That is the only thing I can do then I'll do it.
Old 09-08-2015, 05:55 AM
danielplace

Originally Posted by Saltybones6
I do see water and when I'm running the boat at wot I see it spraying fast so it is cooling but the motor is getting really hot. On another note the boat proposing is hurting my speed as well, i am moving the strut up and down and the batteries are as far back as I can go with out cutting the batt. Trays. I'm trying not to blue print but if That is the only thing I can do then I'll do it.
If it is porposing then the batteries need to go forward to move the CG forward and/or negative drive angle added.
Old 09-08-2015, 03:52 PM
Saltybones6

I've heard a lot of different things saying to stop the porpoising I need to move the drive up. But I'm a production manager for Yellowfin Yacths and we trim down to stop the proposing. Is it different on small scale.
Old 09-08-2015, 06:04 PM
danielplace

It is the same negative is angled down with the drive or tabs. CG/weight moved towards the bow.will also stop the porpoising same as a real boat.

Last edited by danielplace; 09-08-2015 at 06:10 PM.
Old 09-15-2015, 02:39 PM
Saltybones6

Thank you I'm gonna try that out this weekend.