Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

[Q] Help! Question about buying a universal remote!

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

[Q] Help! Question about buying a universal remote!

Old 09-13-2015, 01:56 PM
itzz_kamikaze

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question [Q] Help! Question about buying a universal remote!

I bought a Yellow 40" Spurt 3 RC Electric Powered Speed Boat from bananahobby.com . Here is the link: http://www.bananahobby.com/yellow-40...ueryId=1477505
So I lost my remote for it awhile ago and have been looking for a replacement. I cannot find a stock replacement, so I was going to buy a universal remote. I am not entirely sure if it's either 2.4GHz or 5GHz. Also I don't know if I can just buy a universal remote and it'll work right away with the boat. So I came here looking for answers. Thanks in advance for the help!
Old 09-13-2015, 11:54 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Without seeing inside the boat or having an instruction book, I'd recommend just replacing the radio system with a new quality set. If the motor's speed control is integrated in to the same circuit board, I'd replace the motor and controller as well. This will give you the added benefit of being able to replace parts as needed later