Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

RC jet sprint boat nitro v electric

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

RC jet sprint boat nitro v electric

Old 09-27-2015, 07:09 PM
snydas1987

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC jet sprint boat nitro v electric

hey guys,
So im new to rc boats and havent used nitro rc truck for 12yrs or more.
So im looking into building a RC jet sprint boat either 600mm hull or a Jettec style 800mm hull.
If anyone knows of anyone who makes shallow V jet sprint hulls it would be great to get a link or number to purchase one.
Im only new to rc boats and iv been wondering if i build a hull out of 1-2mm aluminium or from balsa wood n resin, would it be much heavier than the off the shelf fibreglass built hulls?
-would it be safe n strong enough to use a nitro engine n big jet unit fitted in the Mickie Beez glass jet sprint hulls that are available online? or can it only handle electric motors?
Im going to run a MHZ jet4 unit or the jet52 unit.
I really wanna build my own rc jet sprint boat hull but im not sure on the best materials n ways to build a boat. If i just copy the design of a real jet sprint boat and 1/4 scale the design onto the material. Does anyone have a link to instruction for building a RC boat hull from scratch, plans, etc.
Any info will be a great help guys?
thanks heaps
snyds