Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Gps (Return back) For boat.

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Gps (Return back) For boat.

Old 09-28-2015, 10:08 AM
vanias78

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Gps (Return back) For boat.

I am searching a way when i loose signal my boat come back to me with gps system.
Can you suggest me a system like that?
Thank you
Old 09-29-2015, 12:47 AM
mfr02

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

There are RTB (return to base) projects for boats on other sites, so probably there is nothing commercially available for boats. Something like what you describe is used on high end quadracopters, so if it is not something built in by the manufacturer and proprietary to them, there might be an adaptable system available out there.
Old 09-30-2015, 02:55 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Curious why you would look for something to use when losing signal to your boat - would make sense to have a reliable and sealed controller. There are $20k+ turbine powered RC boats without GPS control. If you are operating a boat at a distance where you are unable to see/control it - you are probably being negligent.
Old 11-08-2015, 03:41 PM
vanias78

Originally Posted by Justaddwata
Curious why you would look for something to use when losing signal to your boat - would make sense to have a reliable and sealed controller. There are $20k+ turbine powered RC boats without GPS control. If you are operating a boat at a distance where you are unable to see/control it - you are probably being negligent.
Maybe there is a reason to send it there when i cant see it. But the question of topic is other. I dont understand why people dont have answear just respond something just to have something to say ..
Old 11-09-2015, 01:12 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Sorry - if my knowledge and experience is not up to your standards. I don't make a habit of slapping keys for the sake of it.

When it comes to recreational RC boating there is no reason to send anything anywhere that the operator cannot see it. To do so might also be considered suspicious - like "what is this vessel going to really be used for". I am a moderator for this forum - I do ask such questions! - http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2011/0...ons-of-terror/

Fact is that I do not believe there are any out of the box radio "surface use" radio units for people who want to control a boat at a distance they cannot see to safely operate it.

You could likely adapt an "air radio" system made for drone aircraft and operate via camera.

Last edited by Justaddwata; 11-09-2015 at 01:14 AM.
Old 11-09-2015, 04:29 AM
vanias78

Originally Posted by Justaddwata
Sorry - if my knowledge and experience is not up to your standards. I don't make a habit of slapping keys for the sake of it.

When it comes to recreational RC boating there is no reason to send anything anywhere that the operator cannot see it. To do so might also be considered suspicious - like "what is this vessel going to really be used for". I am a moderator for this forum - I do ask such questions! - http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2011/0...ons-of-terror/

Fact is that I do not believe there are any out of the box radio "surface use" radio units for people who want to control a boat at a distance they cannot see to safely operate it.

You could likely adapt an "air radio" system made for drone aircraft and operate via camera.
Ok the reason i send the boat in distance i cant see is fishing.
I am fishing with this and sometimes need 800 meters. When go no problem i have tighten my boat . the problem becomes when i realise the rope. General no problem but i want to feel double safe and thats why i am seraching this method.