Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Traxxas Blast

Old 10-10-2015, 12:19 PM
oxide80

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Traxxas Blast

I picked up a cheap Blast off eBay to play with on the pond. Any suggestions for a brushless system, prop, turn fins ect. I'm not looking to try to turn it into a race boat and I already know it's not a speed hull that gets unstable at higher speeds. I just don't want to over power it.
Old 10-14-2015, 04:25 AM
dontrinko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 2 Blasts. Mine are both brushed motors. You can get some performance by replacing the stock prop and shaft.
I was told on the Traxxas site that this boat did not handle well enough for the speeds brushless would produce. True or not i do not know but i am happy with mine with stock motors.
You can also get slightly hotter brushed motors. All IMO; Don

P.S. check out the Traxxas site. They have a section on the Blast.
Old 10-16-2015, 11:45 AM
oxide80

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey thanks for the reply, I have seen plenty of youtube videos of over powered Blasts, not what I want to do. Its suppose yo be a fun little boat to build with my 9 year old son. The stock Stinger is tired, barely breaks plane.... that's why I was looking at affordable brushless set up. I use sensorless Castle Sidewinders systems in my Clodbuster and awd touring cars and like the fact I can program the esc so I can limit the power and re adjust as needed. I guess my biggest question is a 3600kv 4 pole on 2-3 cell lipo to much? If I could get 20 with 25 max I'd be happy providing I didn't run into heat problems
Old 10-17-2015, 10:22 AM
dontrinko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you can put a traxxas 12 T in place of the stinger. I have done it on several Traxxas cars. I think the 12t may be slightly longer.
Not sure if this is a problem or not. On cars it has made them a little faster.
I do not have any brushless boats but I have several brushless helis.Don

Last edited by dontrinko; 10-17-2015 at 10:28 AM.