Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Help buying miss geico boat

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Help buying miss geico boat

Old 11-15-2015, 01:20 PM
Adetel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help buying miss geico boat

Hi
I'm hoping someone can advice me as I haven't a clue when it comes to rc boats! My husband is desperate for a miss geico boat so I thought I'd order one fro him for christma....easier said than done! It seems there is a model 17 and a 29? 29 being a lot more expensive than the 17. Can anyone shed any light on the differences and the speeds of them both please? Any help would be very much appreciated! Thanks
Old 11-15-2015, 01:31 PM
dontrinko

I have an older 24" and it is one of my fastest boats. See if you can get him to give you a hint as to witch one he wants.
When they say "brushless" in the description it will be faster and more expensive. Don
Old 11-15-2015, 02:58 PM
Adetel

Default rs to

Thank you for your help ....Oh so there's a 24 too!? 😳 I'm guessing the number refers to the length? Are the speeds generally the same do you know?
Old 11-15-2015, 05:04 PM
ob nut
My Feedback: (1)

To be honest, I don't know a thing about that boat. However, looking at the 17", 24" and 29" models listed on ebay, here's my opinion. What size of body of water will the boat be ran? If it's small pond / pool, then the first choice is the 17". Anything larger will be either the 24" or 29". Plan on upgrading the boat to make it even faster? The 24" or 29" would be the choice. Speed would be with either the 24" or 29". The 17" uses a much smaller motor and not that great of running gear / prop. 17" is made from ABS plastic while the 24"(?) and 29" are fiberglass. 29" lists a speed of 45+ with 6S batts while the 17" doesn't list it's top speed.. My choice would be the 29". Go check the vids on youtube to see differences on speed. But what do I know? I just love outboards

Last edited by ob nut; 11-15-2015 at 06:00 PM.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:24 AM
dacaur

Yea it definately depends on the size of the body of water he will be using it on. The 17" is good on any size, but on larger lakes on windy days the waves might make it sketchy. On the other hand the 29" is no good on smaller lakes, but will handle the waves on larger lakes much better.