Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

RC boat help

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 07:58 PM
yoshi12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC boat help

So I have this wooden RC boat that I spray painted and then added a polycrilic clear coat on. Months after finishing the job I decided to sand the top a little because there were bubbles and it was uneven. After sanding it lightly the paint job was dull and the clear coat looked dull as well, and now it has scratches and feels like the paint won't protect the boat at all. What should I do help. And I didn't sand it to much
Old 03-08-2016, 08:02 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Try to buff it out first. If it won't polish up, you may need to reapply the clear
Old 03-08-2016, 08:36 PM
yoshi12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How would I buff it out and I don't need to apply another paint job right only clear coat
Old 03-08-2016, 10:30 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

No, you wouldn't need to replace the color coat if you didn't sand into it. As far as buffing it out, I'd talk to an auto body supply house and ask them what to use on it. An orbital sander with a buffing cover and the appropriate compound would probably work